Jambands.ca

Umphrey's Next Tuesday???

Sarahbelle

I'm still debating whether to grab an Umphrey's ticket or not... I'm leaning towards yes...

Is there a specific reason (or set of reasons) you're still debating?

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

Mostly the inevitable debate over whether I truly have the funds, time and energy to spare... However, I have never seen UM before, and am definitely intrigued... even if it is a Tuesday night.

I had been seriously considering the LUcinda show as well, but didn't get a ticket early on, and don't really feel like paying a hefty price for a shitty seat (if there's even any left... which I kind of doubt)... The price for UM seems reasonable... and actually aside from the cavity search on the way in, I quite like the Opera House...

But yes, if you can offer any comments on Umphrey's and why I should not miss this show, I'd be happy to hear them!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think UM is putting on a really good shows these days; they seem to be hitting on all cylinders. As far as I know, this will be their first show (aside from the "Big Summer Classic" thing a couple of years ago) in Toronto, so I'm hoping they might bust out some special stuff, and give us one to remember. Even if they don't, a UM show is special in and of itself. If you like their music, you know what they can do live.

I think it's also a good idea to show support for bands that are willing to come and play cities off their usual tour route(s). If you've ever said, "Man, I'd like to see [this band or that band], but they never come and play Toronto!", well, here's a band that is coming and playing Toronto. I'm hopeful that if they get a decent turnout, Toronto (and then maybe Ottawa, or Montreal) will become a regular stop for them.

Aloha,

Brad

I think it's also a good idea to show support for bands that are willing to come and play cities off their usual tour route(s). If you've ever said, "Man, I'd like to see [this band or that band], but they never come and play Toronto!", well, here's a band that is coming and playing Toronto. I'm hopeful that if they get a decent turnout, Toronto (and then maybe Ottawa, or Montreal) will become a regular stop for them.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, this was one of my main lines of reasoning too... Thanks for the input Brad!

Unfortunately I can't make the Toronto show, but Buffalo is looking good ... a band I've never seen

Did you see UM at Big Summer Classic in Ottawa in 2005? I remember you being there, but I don't remember if you got there early enough.

Aloha,

Brad