Jambands.ca

Umphrey's Next Tuesday???

Sarahbelle

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I can't make the Toronto show' date=' but Buffalo is looking good ... a band I've never seen

[/quote']

Did you see UM at Big Summer Classic in Ottawa in 2005? I remember you being there, but I don't remember if you got there early enough.

Aloha,

Brad

Yes Brad, I realized this after I posted ... I've actually seen UM twice, at the Toronto and Ottawa Big Summer Classic shows. Having said that, I don't feel like I've really experienced the band, as UM played early on at both of those shows, and I wasn't really settled in and focused on the band as much as I like to be. I look forward to seeing UM as the headliner, to really experience what they are about.

And everybody has been raving about the Town Ballroom in Buffalo as a venue, so it will be nice to finally get there for a show.

Peace, Mark

Yeah, the Bridgeless in Pontiac was killer.

Fussy Dutchman and Resolution are at the top of my list :)

Can't wait to see ya there mr. monkey :)

Recent Setlist of note:

The Blue Note

Columbia, Missouri

Set One Intentions Clear -> Dear Lord > Got Your Milk (Right Here), #Blue Echo, Andy's Last Beer > Dump City, Morning Song

Set Two Pay the Snucka > Smell the Mitten, Much Obliged > "Jimmy Stewart"* > 2x2 > Utopian Fir > drums^ > Utopian Fir > Pay the Snucka**

Encore ##Layla

Notes # with Baba O'Riley tease

* with Red Room Disco tease

^ Kris turned 30 at midnight

** with When I'm 64 (The Beatles) tease

## with YYZ teases

Man, if they play YYZ i'll plotz!

I think UM is putting on a really good shows these days; they seem to be hitting on all cylinders. As far as I know, this will be their first show (aside from the "Big Summer Classic" thing a couple of years ago) in Toronto, so I'm hoping they might bust out some special stuff, and give us one to remember. Even if they don't, a UM show is special in and of itself. If you like their music, you know what they can do live.

I think it's also a good idea to show support for bands that are willing to come and play cities off their usual tour route(s). If you've ever said, "Man, I'd like to see [this band or that band], but they never come and play Toronto!", well, here's a band that is coming and playing Toronto. I'm hopeful that if they get a decent turnout, Toronto (and then maybe Ottawa, or Montreal) will become a regular stop for them.

Aloha,

Brad

We'll be there. Check out the interview just posted http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/239529/

Bayliss echos those exact sentiments Brad, if Toronto rocks they'll be back.

This show is going to be pumping. An evening with... Yummy. The lights are going to be out of control. They are rolling with a full semi of gear and lights! I hope to see everyone out on Tuesday night. Lets show one of the brightest spots in the genre a good time.

I'd love to see this show but can't make a tuesday in Toronto. Lara wrote a review for the Bottom Half and also put together this intereview with Brendan. I listened to it during my mini-commutes to work this week. It's a REALLY fun and interesting disc. There are like 38 tracks or something ridiculous like that. It felt a bit like the Beatles Let It Be sessions. It was sort of Warts and All style meaning that they were putting themselves out there for the audience (as the concept of Let It Be was - Originally called Get Back). There are tidbits of banter from the studio and various mixes of their tunes that include some KILLER....I mean KILLER guitar work on a very clean and virgin guitar. The accuracy of the guitar work is outstanding on these clean tracks and it really shows how amazing they are.

Get this disc. See them if you can. wow.