Jambands.ca

QOTD: what kind of Hip Hop group are you?

AdamH

quote:

I must say, Missy Elliot is pretty dope

"if it's worth it, let me work it

put my thing down flip it and reverse it"...or som'n like that!! Yah, Missy Elliot is dope fer sure!

...but my fave hip hop group is without a doubt

(((((((((((((((( JURASSIC 5 ))))))))))))))))))))

what ind of hip hop group am I?? well I'd say i'm a cross between the roots and beck. Deep and in the pocket with soul and poingnancy but a wierdo when it somes down to it.

check out 'hollywood freaks' on beck's midnight vultures album.

Norman Schwartzkoff

Something tells me you want to go home

Champagne, bibles

Custom clothes you own

Calling up from special area codes

Hollywood nuns with the Hollywood phones

I got nothing to do, nowhere to go

I'll tell you what you want

If you want to know

Satin sheets

Tropical oils

Turn up the heat

Till the swimming pool boils

Let all the neighbors

Read it in the papers

Making all those gentlemen cry

Realistic tears

krs one was way cool in Boogie Down Productions. My Philosophy is still classic. The old hiphop records from the late 80s/early 90s always had timeless tunes and crap- see jimmyhat on bdp's by all means necc. for proof of that. You gotta love everything off of raptraxx 1 and 2. sweet stuff. remember 'no sleep til bedtime!' haha.

HipHops faves- in order. (g-huy!)

- Ice T (power-iceberg)

- Public Enemy (nation of millions- fear of a ..)

- Ice CUbe..(thru nwa) amerikkaas most wanted thru death certificate. STOMPIN! ghetto bird. list goes on and on.. awesome talent. when raw.

- Tribe Called Quest- low end theory espech.

- Beastie Boys

- the whole Wu Tang thang. mostly- the solo stuff- Tical, liquid swords, raekwon, ole dirty.

Now I'm all about 50 cent!! not.

Guest Low Roller

Yeah, Cypress Hill is the fucking shizzle.

Their first album was also the first tape that I played in perpetuity until the tape wore off. I'm talking months and months of non-stop classics like "Hand on the Pump", "Pigs", "Real Estate", "Latin Lingo", and of course "The Phuncky Feel One".

-

I had a rather vast collection of rap tapes in my youth, and most of them are still relevant today:

- Funkdoobiest

- House of Pain

- Dr. Dre (The Chronic)

- Paris

- Public Enemy

- EPMD

- Ice Cube ("Wicked" was a killer tune)

Black Eyed Peas are touring with Justin Timberlake, combine that with their new mainstream single = total loss of respet for the peas, too bad.

Have you guys ever heard the "Blunted Reality" album by The Fugees, their first album, long before "the Score" made them huge. It's one of the best rap albums of all time, if you've never heard it all I can say is Boof Baff!!

Archived