Jay Funk Dawg

EVOLVE FESTIVAL LINE UP JUST ANNOUCED!

688481636_m.jpg

[blurb]

Headliners:

BRAZILIAN GIRLS ~ DJ HEATHER ~ KELLER WILLIAMS ~

LOTUS ~ SLOWCOASTER ~ PHAT CONDUCTOR ~ THAT 1 GUY

Plus:

ROBB G ~ KING SUNSHINE ~ KID BEYOND ~ GORDON STONE BAND ~KJ SAWKA ~ GRAND THEFT BUS ~ SONNY D ~ TOM FUN ORCHESTRA ~ NURSE ~ CARMEN TOWNSEND ~ JAY HAMILTON ~ THE DIVORCEES ~ SEAN K ~ IRIE BAND ~ MISS MAXINE VS. STEVE THE VIKING ~ ALL OF GREEN ~ SOUND SYSTER ~ DOWN WITH THE BUTTERFLY ~ DALE MANNETTE ~ HEY ROSETTA! ~ DR.T ~ CHILLIN ROOM ~ ROO ~ HEYOCEAN! ~ NOISES FROM THE TOOLSHED ~ 0LYMPIC SYMPHONIUM ~ JOHNNY SLEEP DEP ~ GRASSROOTS DEVIATION ~ BURNTO VS. NTB ~ TANYA DAVIS ~ BRIAN TALBOT ~ RED BARN ~ CRIMINAL INTENT [/blurb]

Man, super stoked to see some great Western Canadian bands coming out this year. (NFTT, Hey Ocean). Really excited to see my boys the Grassroot Deviation finally getting some East Coast exposure, coming all the way from Alberta. Check these guys out if you've never heard them...I hear they may be invading Eastern Canada this summer (www.myspace.com/thegrd, www.thegrassrootdeviation.com)

Almost all nepotistic and stupid programming choices reflective of Evolve's inability and complete failure to resolve their substantial debts from last year.

I'm not sure why this is remotely acceptable to anyone in this community. It's actually robbing artists many of whom you claim to love.

I told Jonas Coulter a very good and old friend of mine to look into Vieux Farka Toure and I sincerely hope they are booked. Evolve has devolved into a loose excuse to hold a drugged out rave in the guise of something other than exactly that.

I'm only the messenger folks, I do not claim responsibility of Evolve's business management. I have been working as the festival's publicist for the past 8 years, and I am very proud of the festival's accomplishments & especially this year's line-up.

Truth is this festival needs to happen so that they can afford to pay back their past debts (which are in excess of $30,000). This festival has played a large role in Canada in developing artists and the so-called jamband scene. The festival has had it's share of failures and successes. Let it be known that this festival has not made enough money for the Evolve Team to spend months organizing it, it is simply a labour of love, each year the festival attempts to out do itself, and sometimes that philosophy is the festival's undoing.

The former head organizer of Evolve, J. Dorey, has stepped down from leading the festival. Evolve and the community would like to sincerely thank him for his years of service in harnessing this musical community. However many of the deals & arrangements that have not been kept are the result of his abscene from this year's process.

If you have any questions or concerns about this year's Evolve please direct them to hi@evolvefestival.com

I would say that last year's festival (EVOLVE 7) was, from a fan's standpoint, one of the best organized Evolve's yet. The site was perfect, plenty of clean rest-rooms, lots of food choices and 4 stages of entertainment... and much less of a drug culture vibe, acts such as The Be Good Tanyas, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra & Mike Gordon's Bluegrass Band Ramble Dove helped bring a level a maturity to the event that proved that Evolve is not a "drugged out rave," but a highly respected festival.

In short, I am very proud of this year's line up and I very much am looking forward to making this year a success.

Almost all nepotistic and stupid programming choices reflective of Evolve's inability and complete failure to resolve their substantial debts from last year.

I'm not sure why this is remotely acceptable to anyone in this community. It's actually robbing artists many of whom you claim to love.

what does it matter to you? you expect guest list for every show and cry like a schoolgirl if you don't get it.

I told Jonas Coulter a very good and old friend of mine to look into Vieux Farka Toure and I sincerely hope they are booked. Evolve has devolved into a loose excuse to hold a drugged out rave in the guise of something other than exactly that.

No offence Kung - but if it's not remotely acceptable to you then why would you try and get bands to play there?

i've never been to an evolve, but i'll be going this year for sure.

i have no idea who the brazilian girls are...seen the name, never seen them though. i am SUPER stoked to see that 1 guy up there though. i thought i'd never have the chance to see him again. there aren't a lot of big "oh my god i can't believe they're playing" bands on that list of headliners, but given the politics of what's going on...that makes me happy. less big bills to pay let's them pay back some, or hopefully all, of their debts. that makes business sense to me. as a fan, i'm hoping that the evolve vibe and the lessons learned in organization of an event; the bathrooms, the stages, the food, etc will carry through to this years musically toned down fest.

thanks for trying again this year team evolve instead of letting it all go down in a blaze of fiscally irresponsible glory.

All the big bands got paid Ramble Dove, K-OS got his $35K for shitting on stage while OFF HIS HINGE it's only the bands that travelled across the whole fucking country for a shitty little payday that got burned. Hey don't worry about it man. Jay will give you a heady backrub.

And no Jay it is insincere to say that Evolve is a highly respected music festival. AND you've never remotely acknowledged that there have been fatalities associated with those leaving the event due to extreme drug use and fatigue notably due to the VERY poor decision to have something like 23 hours of music a day. That is unacceptable. Bad planning. Causes deaths and there is something of a karmic liability there.

OK kung leave jay alone. Here I am, the one you really want to attack. It's me joe.

First of all we were robded last year by conterfiters who took us for 70,000 plus.

Second of all there are 4 bands and 5 djs left to pay all they others we have slowly been paying off 2 bands and 2 djs a week.(not sure how this is any of your bussiness.) thats right we have almost payed everyone off. Still a few to go, but we are working on it.

Third this is the 5th year in a row that you have attacked us on web boards, for various reasons, all because we will not give an ass like u a guest pass.

Forth i'm going to assume that you are refering to my friend who was hit by a truck on his way home. He tested for drugs and a small amount of pot was found in his system, and small amount of alcohol, and for you, who know nothing about him, to even refer to his death as my fault or even his fault makes me want to come find you. if i ever here u say anything about him like that again i will. LOW BLOW EVEN FOR YOU. No one has ever died at evolve from drug use. It just goes to show how full of shit you are.

IN 8 YEARS THIS THE FIRST YEAR THAT WE HAVE EVER COME SHORT IN PAYING ACTS.

in 3 weeks evolve will be DEBT free and ready to go again! nothing you can do can stop us KUNG.

Edited by Guest