Jambands.ca

Ween Bus (Ott<->Mtl) UPDATE: Bus Has Been Booked!

bradm

I got a quote from 417 Bus Line for the Ottawa <-> Montreal Ween date:

The price for a 20 pass. School bus is $ 700.00 + gst (6%)

The price for a 24 pass. Mini-Coach is $ 825.00 + gst (6%)

The price for a 26 pass. V.I.P. Mini-Coach is $ 900.00 + gst (6%)

Plus the group is responsible for any parking fee.

The price is built on 13 hours service.

No smoking or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the bus.

So, if we can get 20 people, and use the school bus, it'd be at least $35/person, probably more like $40 when you include GST and whatever we have to pay for parking it in Montreal. As it stands, I've got 8 confirmed people, and 3 maybes, which is only 11 people (which'd work out to about $65/person, at least).

If anybody else wants in on this, let me know ASAP. I don't want to go further with booking this thing until we get at least 15 confirmed (which'd be about $50/person, I figure), and we're quite a ways from that right now.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we're less than a month away, which means that we're getting into crunch time. I haven't booked the bus yet, as I don't think we have enough people; even with the "maybes", we have 12, and I'd want 15 confirmed people to book it, so if you want in and haven't told me yet, tell me (e-mail or Private Topic preferred). If I don't have 15 confirmed people by noon on Saturday, May 19 (which'd be three weeks before the show*), I won't book it, and I (and everybody else who wants to get on the bus) will have to make alternate arrangements.

(bouche, any chance we could have this topic pinned?)

Aloha,

Brad

* Yes, I know the show won't start at noon; I'm talking days, here, and noon is as good a time on the day three weeks before the show as any other hour.

I should have responded sooner but i never did confirm Brad, i do apologize but me and Lisa are out bus wise.

Thanks, I've had you both (with two others; who are they?) on the confirmed list from the other Ween topic.

Aloha,

Brad

The bus has been booked.

The pick-up location will be the Voyageur station on Catherine St., at 5pm. The show's door time is 9pm, so, assuming a 2.5 hour trip time, that gives us a good amount of leeway as far as getting there goes.

I have 11 confirmed riders, and two maybes; there are 20 seats on the bus, so if you want in and haven't yet confirmed with me, do so ASAP. It'll be (at most) $50/person. I expect we'll be back in Ottawa (at the Voyageur station) around 4:30am or 5am, after which you have to get home on your own.

I'll be contacting those who said they want to be on the bus individually for payment arrangements, etc.

Aloha,

Brad