Jambands.ca

heading to New Brunswick...

timouse

how was the trip?

I need my NB fix...

so far, it's been amazing. in fact, we have just about bought a house. the property is about 55km north of fredericton, just outside of a town called stanley. it's 49 acres on the nashwaak river, 20 or so acres of pasture/meadow and the rest is forested. we have river frontage and a small island.

the house is a 2 bedroom bungalow, it seems to be in ok shape, but was owned by an old guy who wasn't much on decoration, so the place needs a good cleaning and painting...but from what we can tell, it's structurally okay. having said that, we have a structural engineer/home inspector coming tomorrow morning to check the place out. if he thinks it's all right and the well water tests okay, thn we're in!

oh...and the mortgage is $300 a month, and we can't see any of our neighbours, only a view over the valley and the river.

14-05-07%2009-11-15%20PM.jpg

14-05-07%2009-11-31%20PM.jpg

105121_2.jpg

thanks everyone for your good wishes. this has been so totally effortless, and we're both totally psyched. we figured that today would be a good day to be indoors on account of the snow, so we went to the beaverbrook gallery to see the giant Dali. thanks for the heads up on that one velvet! the people there were just brilliant.

the mortgage lady just called, they approved the mortgage. we can sign it tomorrow once the house inspector gives us the thumbs up...by the time we leave for home we will own it. looks like we're going to be new brunswickers!

woo hooo!

skank camping welcome. be warned though, there are blackflies :)

edit to add > d'oh! wanted to say good things about the folks on Team Fun while i was at it. when we stayed in miramichi, we met popo weenie. she came to meet us at our hotel and took us out next door for drinks. popo is brilliant! we owe you a round, joan...missed physically meeting dave-o and sean, but did talk to both guys, they both raved about fredericton as well as talking up moncton.

Edited by Guest
bad manners

Tim, I'm really happy for you and niffermouse! I know that you have been trying to make something like this happen for a while now, and I'm glad that it is finally materializing for you.

Obviously I will miss having you in the area, but the music will be more magical than ever when we do get together to play.

Huge hugs and the best of luck to both of you!

Peace, Mark

sad news but good news today.

IF you are buying a house, GET A HOME INSPECTOR. they are coool people who can really help.

so the last few days have been very rainy and snowy, and the basement of the house that was bone dry was WET. there is no drainage away from the house, and a couple of days of rain made the basement an unhappy place. and that's not the worst of it. after spending part of yesterday in the department of health office trying to find out where the septic tank is, we found out that the house doesn't have one. they have a homemade underground trickle filter that's way too close for the (also buried).

if you heard a whooshing noise earlier today it was jennifer and i running away from this one...but all is not lost, we have 2 more properties to see on sunday, and lots of very cool people helping us out....

thank heavens you guys ran

you will find a place so special like you both are

enjoyed meeting you both and having a couple at jacks oasis

hmhhmmmm i had more and a ball at kareoke

wishing you all the best

keep us in touch when you find that special place as you will

cheers

move to miramichi

we are very friendly people and very laid back

weather is not so good but having your health is better

good luck