Jambands.ca

Van Morrison added to Bluesfest

Velvet

I just phoned Leslie at work to tell her about Van being added. Turns out thats all the convincing it took. Looks like we will be making plans to come up for Van and the Bob Dylan the next night, I hope.

Is there lots of kids out at these shows?? We are going to bring the girls with us but not if there isnt other kiddos.

Edited by Guest

Is there lots of kids out at these shows?? We are going to bring the girls with us but not if there isnt other kiddos.

We're bringing ours, for sure. They love festivals; they had a real blast at the Vibes last year, and haven't been to one since (actually, neither have we, come to think of it).

I am not in any way trying to be a buzzkill but let me just say that Van is (still) known for his mercurial temper when it comes to performing. There are nights he'll lay it down for three+ hours, interacting and playing to the audience, and other nights he'll just face his drummer, play more sax than you ever want to hear a great singer play, and get off the stage after 55 minutes.

Just so ya know, that seems to be his rep.

other nights he'll just face his drummer, play more sax than you ever want to hear a great singer play, and get off the stage after 55 minutes.

His show at the ACC last september was like that. He walked off in the middle of his encore without finishing it. He also only sang the first verse of every song and leaving the backup vocalist to finish it off. He drank like a fish from a rocks glass all night too. That being said. Id rather see him play sax all night than, not finish songs and walk off stage.

Yaaaahhoooooo...I had tickets to see him in Toronto, but I couldn't go because my plane was leaving the next day...too late to give them away, I still have them, unused.

I now believe that anything is possible...Mr Hendrix, if you can hear me...come bring us your voodoo.

The official announcement has been made:

http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/en/?page=van_press

But note that

For purchasers of 11-day wristbands, 11-day transferable passports, and Youth Passports purchased before May 22—which are good for July 5 through July 15 and DO NOT include the Van Morrison concert on July 4—you can UPGRADE your passport for $25 to include general admission to the Van Morrison concert on July 4. (Upgrades are available at original point of purchase ONLY. This offer ends June 1.)

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

They've extended the deadline for upgrading a pass:

Bluesfest has extended the June 1st deadline date for Van Morrison tickets to Wednesday June 6, 2007.

If you haven''t had a chance to upgrade your 11-day festival passport to include the additional performance by Van Morrison on July 4, you now have until June 6 to do so.

This offer gives Bluesfest Insiders a chance to see Van Morrison for $25 versus the current day ticket price of $50.

Pass holders must go back to your original point of purchase to take advantage of this great offer.

For online customers, please click the link below.

http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OttawaBluesfest/3a42cea032/94bc333f6c/abe6d6ff7c

http://ottawa-bluesfest.ca/en/?page=van_press

Aloha,

Brad

hmm... i saw Van the Man @ Austin City Limits music fest in the fall and he was... um... unispiring.

Some nice key moments, for sure... ultimately though, he's entered into the realm of crooning for the oldies a bit too much for me.