Jambands.ca

A sad day in Chatham....

Swifty

As of Oct.20th 2007 the "Schoolhouse" where many good times have been had by many of us here will be closing its doors.

We rented it for a pigroast for our baseball team party and they informed us we would be the last to use it.

Apparently they are not renting it out enough anymore to keep it up. There is some work that needs to go in to it but no money for the repairs.

R.I.P. Schoolhouse

Yeah, end of an era.. had some good times there over the past 5 years. So many intimate concerts... and stag & does and birthday parties that seemed to really get cooking between the hours of 1 and 7 am. So fun!

When is the pig roast, Swifty? Can the platinum division champion Pink Elephants' biggest fan attend? ;)

1410238296_f5b8b9e1ff.jpg

Birdy, I think it is the farmer's union who owns it.
A sad day indeed, first the parkview and now this.

More like:

The Aberdeen turns to warehouse> Beatniks burns to the ground> Parkview condemned and levelled> Schoolhouse closes because the farmers got too old to care about their union hall.

Oh well.

...CCI High School closes, Navistar cuts its staff by 1/2, Eaton's closes, Chatham loses bid for Toyota Plant (narrowly i hear), 8ball changes to Twisters, JR's burns to the ground.....

talk about a city in decline....except for BARN PARTIES!!!

...CCI High School closes, Navistar cuts its staff by 1/2, Eaton's closes, Chatham loses bid for Toyota Plant (narrowly i hear), 8ball changes to Twisters, JR's burns to the ground.....

talk about a city in decline....except for BARN PARTIES!!!

there's still the MH...only bar in chatham i can think of that's been there my entire life..

umm... Royal Tavern?

no more cornstock's?

er... CORNSTOCKS ARE BLENHEIM! nice try!

I wouldn't be so pround there, Birdy.. those parties were a total MEATHEAD heaven! (No offense..) They came out in droves to pick fights to a soundtrack of their favourite acdc and van halen cover bands. I once got pummelled for no apparent reason!

whatevers. cornstocks were awesome.. mitch up there on stage with electric voodoo burning his guitar to smithereens, couches in the back of pickup trucks, bonfires the size of five or six SUVs... it has never been any better in these parts and you guys know it!

bb, remember me telling you about my buddy who got jumped at one of the cornstocks!? I wonder if it was the same losers who did it to you!

i have an old VHS tape that 'Wheels' (haha), the guy who threw the cornstocks made, documenting cornstock 3.. i wish i knew where it was cuz it's AWESOME!