Jambands.ca

Phish 12.6.97- 10 Friggin Years Ago!!!

Northern Wish

TWEEZER!

My second show, but the one that sent me out on tour for the next few years...........

12-06-97 The Palace, Auburn Hills, MI

Soundcheck: Dog Log, AC/DC Bag, Ginseng Sullivan, Black-Eyed Katy

1: Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope, Train Song, Bathtub Gin-> Foam, Sample in a Jar, Fee, Maze, Cavern

2: Tweezer* -> Izabella** -> Twist -> Piper -> Sleeping Monkey -> Tweezer Reprise

E: Rocky Top

*Trey teases the music from the the segue that comes out of "1983...(A Merman I Should Turn to Be)" (Jimi Hendrix). *With the start/stop funk jam that repeatedly surfaced during the Fall Tour (may have oringinated in the 11-28-97 Worcester "Ghost").

I remember being bombed on shrooms, and being very new to Phish and turning to my buddy and saying "they haven't even finished Tweezer yet!".

My only regret from this weekend, is that I couldn't convince The Rodent to continue on to Dayton for the mayhem of 12.7

S

We stopped at this show on our way back to Thunder Bay from Toronto after playing our first out-of-town BNB show at The Opera House with the Fat Cats.

We showed up late with no tickets, and wound up with extra tickets within minutes. So we traded them for some micro dots and got in line. They started into Golgi while we were still outside, and you could just feel the tension in the line as everyone got twitchy and quickly/slowly tried to speed up the process.

I remember in set break, Mike telling me that he'd smoked a joint with a nice fellow, who he told he was from as far away from there North as Florida was South... to which the dude replied "Hey Charlie! This guy's from the Arctic Circle!!"

Then Mike said "I bet they're just gonna play Tweezer for the whole second set!" Well... the acid kicked in and that second set was my favourite I ever saw. The cheering crowd in the Palace was SO LOUD. This is the show I'm always telling people about..... and... I first met Mark Tonin when he was kind enough to bring me a copy of this show (and the Dayton one too!) to a Loft show in WLOO.

Thanks for the reminder Sean.

I remember making the road trip to this show with my buddy Davialle and his partner Kim ... I had an extra for this show but I forget who ended up with it ... likely somebody on this board but I can't remember who it was.

I totally enjoyed this show, as did my road trip partners, and I remember thinking that the light show was fantastic. I'd seen lots of cool visuals at Dead shows and at other concerts over the years, but this show was the first time I'd ever been wowed by a light show. And yes, the Tweezer kicked my ass ...

This is the show I'm always telling people about..... and... I first met Mark Tonin when he was kind enough to bring me a copy of this show (and the Dayton one too!) to a Loft show in WLOO.

I remember that 'ersh ... thanks for the reminder! Those were the days when the online community and the "meatspace" community started to merge, at least for me.

Peace, Mark

I remember at that show I turned to Hamilton and asked him to let me know when they were jamming...

That's the best thing I have read on this board in eons. Thank you, because I have been 'that guy' in my life.

i had front row centre tickets along with switfty and a few others friends. what a crazy night indeed.

Jesus.

I dig this thread simply because I have always loved the second set from this show and wished I had been there. It will always hold up on tape.

TWEEZER!

My second show' date=' but the one that sent me out on tour for the next few years...........

12-06-97 The Palace, Auburn Hills, MI

[/quote']

DITTO!

I remember at that show I turned to Hamilton and asked him to let me know when they were jamming... LOL

That was a nice little trip we did... Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Dayton. Good times, lots of fun, and three excellent shows!