Jambands.ca

The Return of Def Leppard

bouche

how did he lose his arm? and did anyone ever find it?

I thought wikipedia was easy to use.

On December 31, 1984, while driving under the influence near Sheffield, UK, his Corvette flew off the road during an attempted drive by high five. The vehicle sailed over a stone wall, and into a field, causing him to be thrown from the car and resulting in the severing of his left arm. Doctors reattached his arm, but due to infection it was removed again.

On December 31, 1984, while driving under the influence near Sheffield, UK, his Corvette flew off the road during an attempted drive by high five. The vehicle sailed over a stone wall, and into a field, causing him to be thrown from the car and resulting in the severing of his left arm. Doctors reattached his arm, but due to infection it was removed again.

a drive by high five?? what a knob

When I was in grade 7 back in 1981, I remember really liking songs from this new band called Def Leppard: "High 'N' Dry" and "Bringing on the Heartbreak", both from the just released High 'N Dry album. Syracuse rock radio (big influences on Kingston Ont. kids at the time) was playing the songs quite a bit and looking back, the old Leppard does sound a bit like AC/DC; no wonder I liked them. I even liked stuff off of their follow-up 1983 album, Pyromania: "Rock of Ages", "Photograph" and particularly "Foolin'". Then I quickly discovered Hendrix and Stevie Ray and never listened to them again. I can't make fun of the band because they were exciting for my young ears and those early albums were a lot better than most of the 80's junk than flooded the airwaves.

I dunno about all that- I seem to remember walking by your house and hearing you singing over top of "I Love a Rainy Night" and "The Stroke"

Edited by Guest
and "She's Got Bettie Davis Eyes"

...his Corvette flew off the road during an attempted drive by high five.

While some consider 2007 to be the year of the low five (as evidenced by last year's nero reunion after-party at "that place"), I think 2008 should be the year of the Dangerous High Five. While people have been giving high fives for decades I think it's time to step it up a notch. I'm proposing high fives in the middle of busy intersections, high fives while jumping off the roof etc.

It seems Def Leppard is ahead of the times in this department and I salute them.

If your high fives aren't dangerous, or at least risky, keep them to yourselves.

True or not' date=' I continue to be shocked that people use Wikipedia. Truth is not reached by consensus.[/quote']

How's that much different than the information that gets put into a published encyclopedia like World Book? The victors write history after all.

When I read an entry on lemurs in an encyclopedia, I can rest fairly assured that the information I'm reading has been edited, fact-checked, and comes from an expert. When I read an entry on lemurs on wiki, I know only that the author has access to a computer.

It ain't perfect, but I know which one seems more reliable to me.

I think 2008 should be the year of the Dangerous High Five... I'm proposing high fives in the middle of busy intersections...

Stu Dog and I pulled off a driving high five through and intersection back in the day. He was driving his red Fiero and I was driving my folks' Red Miata. It was fuckin' rad!! :D