Jambands.ca

Proof of Tom Cruises Complete Instability

Northern Wish

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As insane as this legitimately is, how is Scientology any more insane than any of the other organized religions?

I think it's key to make a distinction between the underlying beliefs of a religion, and the structure and behaviour of a church that holds those beliefs. While the beliefs of Scientology may be (in some people's opinion) as insane as other religions, the behaviour of the Church of Scientology, especially towards its critics and those who leave the church, is light-years beyond other churches in its reprehensibility. (For example, the CoS has a disconnection policy for its members: if you're a member of the CoS, and your family doesn't support your membership, or is critical of the CoS, you're encouraged to sever ties with them. While this is a common practice among dangerous cults [and among those who commit domestic abuse; isolation is a powerful way to control someone], I don't know of any mainstream religions who do this.)

Aloha,

Brad

While maybe not as aggressively transparent as Scientology, there are plenty of people here, in Canada, that encourage their brethren to really only associate with like-minded victims of "belief".

Announce that you no longer want to share in the scam and listen to sound of metaphorical doors closing all around you.

The quote the got me the most:

"I'd love to go on vacation to islands and play." (or something like that)

"but I can't. because.....I Know. I KNOW"

I thought he was going to complain about paparazzi and fans following and bothering him, but he just said "I Know".

WHAT IN THE F U C K ???

As insane as this legitimately is, how is Scientology any more insane than any of the other organized religions?

Their tenets were all created/established by men, too...

*ducks*

most religions I find to be atrocious, but come on, a religion started by Hubbard? At best his books are science fiction meets new age crap, a complete hoax. At least with religions such as Christianity/Buddhism/Judaism/even with the Yanamono's passage of rights we can explore the ancient roots and find substantial metaphor within it. Scientology is based upon a modern novel, a science fiction novel...

Just a bunch of lost sheeple looking for answers and to tired and stupid to look inward for insight. I say either get on board or jump ship.

As insane as this legitimately is' date=' how is Scientology any more insane than any of the other organized religions?

*ducks*[/quote']

most religions I find to be atrocious, but come on, a religion started by Hubbard? At best his books are science fiction meets new age crap, a complete hoax. At least with religions such as Christianity/Buddhism/Judaism/even with the Yanamono's passage of rights we can explore the ancient roots and find substantial metaphor within it. Scientology is based upon a modern novel, a science fiction novel...

Just a bunch of lost sheeple looking for answers and to tired and stupid to look inward for insight. I say either get on board or jump ship.

I don't find a theory of existence created by a 1940's American science fiction author any more credible than a set created by theologians 2000 years ago in what is now the Middle East. Maybe Xenu fought intergalactic battles. Maybe a Christian God created the earth and heavens in seven days 10000 years ago. Maybe people who believe things like these are at least a little bit bonkers.

Thousands of years from now people may explore the "ancient" roots of Scientology.

Everybody likes to think that they're special and that their lives have at least some possibility to be eternal. It's a self-made affliction with a self-made remedy.

As insane as this legitimately is' date=' how is Scientology any more insane than any of the other organized religions?

*ducks*[/quote']

I don't find a theory of existence created by a 1940's American science fiction author any more credible than a set created by theologians 2000 years ago in what is now the Middle East. Maybe Xenu fought intergalactic battles. Maybe a Christian God created the earth and heavens in seven days 10000 years ago. Maybe people who believe things like these are at least a little bit bonkers.

Thousands of years from now people may explore the "ancient" roots of Scientology.

Everybody likes to think that they're special and that their lives have at least some possibility to be eternal. It's a self-made affliction with a self-made remedy.

Sure. Except that a couple of thousand of years ago human beings had a lot less knowledge, communications, global understanding, space exploration, the list goes on and on. It easy to see why people were searching for answers and made religion. Now though, come on...it's definitely more ridiculous than a couple of thousand of years ago...truly.

Edited by Guest

Sid: You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest fucking scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

Duane: Oh, come on.

Sid: Top Gun is fucking great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots.

Duane: It's about a bunch of guys waving their dicks around.

Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fucking line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?

Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the fuck, what the fuck is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fucking force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fucking land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fucking line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!

Is it possible that L-Ron is running a longtime experiment to show that religion are all made up by fiction?

Perhaps with all of the clues he leaves in his science fiction stories and novels, and dvd's, the future folk will look deep into their history and find all of this stuff. If Scientology takes off and is super huge in the future, maybe his little experiment will show itself and invalidate all religions that are still trucking along.

I think he may have been THAT kooky to pull that off.