Jambands.ca

I think I'm going away

mister slippery

It's become apparent to me that the "me" I used to know as "mister slippery" hasn't been around for a long time.

That "me", I enjoyed.

It just isn't working anymore. Too many times have I taken something as a personal affront to me, only to end up bloody well apologising for it. Seems to me, I'm too damned nice and it's gotten me nowhere. Therefore, F*** that. I'm taking a break in order to find a way (hopefully) to smile more. I honestly can't remember having much fun at all since July 5, when I got to see the Polyphonic Spree. [color:red]Feel free to insert all and any manner of anti-Spree sentiment here, as so many do often, how much worse can I get?

Dear Jambands.ca,

please, if you bother to read this, take 2 things from it.......

1. I am not suicidal. Easy as that. I may feel Like crap all the time, I might spend most nights alone at home weeping, but I sure as F*** ain't going out like that. I'm a mess, but the World's an awesome place, and I have too much of it left to see.

2. I don't have problems with you, the problem is me, and the new "me" who I just can't stand. I might be back, I might not, don't know, don't much care.

We'll see.

All the best,

The Dave formerly known as mister slippery.

How about a new nickname Dave... it might make you smile... then everytime you sign in voila...

All in all Dave i wish you well... find what you need to find and know that you havbe alot of family out here that cares for you...

Hopefully our paths will cross soon... its been way to long since ive seen you and quite a few people out here!

cheers

Try not to take cracks directed at bands you like too personally. I know I get furious sometimes when someone cracks at me, but it's only a website and essentially it's just words. Get out of your house and talk to someone qualified to help you deal with "feel(ing) like crap all the time". I find this troubling. Best of luck to you Dave.

Hey Slippery Dave,

Sorry to hear things haven't been going so well and I hope your find your way soon. We all loose sight of the big picture from time to time and loose our ways. I suspect you may just need a change of scenary/pace/routine to shake things up a bit and wake the real spirit of dave within you.

If you don't already meditate I'd suggest starting to do a half hour to an hour per day. You'll be surprised what you get out of it. If you don't know much about meditation I'd be happy to help.

CyberTrev

dave

you're thinking too much

mr slippery is just an aspect of yourself

you simply like the music you like - go under the assumption that you are right in liking what you like and everything will fall into place.

it's ok to change - enjoy the ride my friend ,get lit and rock out to whatever you are into at any given moment.

come see the meat at c'est what tomorrow.

cheers

jon