Jambands.ca

Cowboy Junkies w. Ryan Adams

Surlayon

According to an ad in today's Now....Ryan Adams will be a guest at the Cowboy Junkies' Trinity Revisited show at Massey Hall Feb 23rd. Sweet show just got Sweeter!!

If you haven't picked up the CJ's Trinity Revisited DVD/CD yet...go get it, it's superb...featuring guests R.A., Natalie Merchant and Vic Chesnutt.

According to an ad in today's Now....Ryan Adams will be a guest at the Cowboy Junkies' Trinity Revisited show at Massey Hall Feb 23rd. Sweet show just got Sweeter!!

If you haven't picked up the CJ's Trinity Revisited DVD/CD yet...go get it, it's superb...featuring guests R.A., Natalie Merchant and Vic Chesnutt.

Well, I've got front row balcony seats for the Massey Hall show, so right now I'm FUCKING EXCITED AS HELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there in the 1st row a little shy of centre...When i bought the tickets it only said "with special guests" of course I hoped beyond hope it would be Ryan, but I was really pleased to find out he was coming. I absolutely love the cd/dvd package...he does a wonderful version of 200 more miles and some great backing vocals...

• 4 weeks later...
see... i heard about this before xmas, love ryan adams, but not so much with the cowboy junkies... how much ryan do you think there will be?

what to do...

I think Ryan will sing mostly back-up, maybe take a few lead vocals for a couple of verses. He'll be extremely respectful since The Trinity Session was a huge influence on Ryan (and many others since it is an album that helped usher in the alt-country movement). It's not going to be the Ryan Adams show featuring The Cowboy Junkies, even though I'd love that, as wrong as it would be.

I really think Michael Timmins is one of the most underrated (and I know that term is abused far too often, but it applies here) musicians/guitarists and songwriters/arrangers in Canada and the alt-country scene in general. His quiet demeanor doesn't help, but that cat can fucking play.