Jambands.ca

My God I Want To Eat This!

MarcO

I'm with you MarcO. Choucroute separates the men from the boys, the women from the girls. It's a delicious dish that should never be fancied up, artfully presented, or prepared using organic free-range blah blah blah meat. It's one of my favorite comfort foods.

I can't tell though what the difference is between bigos and choucroute other than the size of the meat pieces and using Vodka (which for all intents is flavourless when cooked and I'm not sure what it's doing in there)?

if that was served to me' date=' I might run...far.

[/quote']

I expected more from you. I really did.

You're the only man I think about while I cook. And now this?

There is a bottle of rum on my kitchen counter.

Anthony Bourdain did a show of No Reservations of germany cuisine. it was really gross. lots of sausage and blah. I rarely find sausage appetizing. I`m a fan of italian sausage, but broken up to make stuffed peppers or a sauce. also love the breakfast sausage, but sausage as a main is just not my thing. sorry marco. maybe we can find something else to love together.

I would also love to eat the fuck out of that! I love food that is made from the heart and steeped in tradition! Some of my favourite meals are homecooked cultural classics. I once had a roommate who was hungarian and made some crazy paprika dishes. I keep trying to order something similar in restaurants but they can't even touch his Grandma's recipes. I also had some Korean roommates who made some traditional dishes for their New Year celebrations- I just can't find anything similar when I go to Korean restaurants.

There's some mornings after tying one on that all I ever think about is something like that dish. Of course, I havent found it yet, and I usually settle for a plate of bacon and sausages from the all you can eat counter at the local Golden Griddle, but when I do, I shall remember you Marco for letting me realize such a plate existed. Thank you my friend.