Jambands.ca

Interesting Guitar

Pablo Sanchez

So, somehow we managed to get our hands on one of these:

Gibson Black Beauty Jimmy Page signed

lp2.jpg

JimmyPageHead.jpg

There were 500 made and 25 that were all signed and played by Mr. Jimmy Page. This is #25 of 25. I must say, having this guitar around is more like buying stocks than a guitar, as I'm sure it will never get played.

note to Velvet: no you can't come over and play whole lotta love on it :)

More info here

I must say, having this guitar around is more like buying stocks than a guitar, as I'm sure it will never get played.

But, but, but, Jimmy Page played it. If you have that guitar in your possesion, you have to play it.

I think you need to break out a violin bow and play that fucker.

Seriously, that guitar is beautiful, congrats on getting it.

From what I understand, he played all 25, then selected one for himself. The remaining 24 were signed and numbered. This is the only one in Canada. Def an investment piece.

Also, there are some big thumb prints on theback of the neck which I imagine are Jimmy's.

Wicked!

So how much is it?

I had heard that they had taken down the No Stairway signs because nobody played it anymore.

I work in a guitar store and - maybe Dave has a different opinion here but - without a doubt, Sweet Child O Mine is the new Stairway. I hear it at least 4 or 5 times a week...and most of them don't stop at one time, they'll just keep hammering through it. Warts and all. Shitty nasal tone.

Honourable mention to Nirvana as well, still hear a lot of that.

I had heard that they had taken down the No Stairway signs because nobody played it anymore.

I work in a guitar store and - maybe Dave has a different opinion here but - without a doubt' date=' Sweet Child O Mine is the new Stairway. I hear it at least 4 or 5 times a week...and most of them don't stop at one time, they'll just keep hammering through it. Warts and all. Shitty nasal tone.

Honourable mention to Nirvana as well, still hear a lot of that.[/quote']

Blackbird is the song I hear the most.

I wonder if a cool flash mob could be organized: have a bunch of people (of varying levels of prowess on the guitar and bass) go into a store at the same time, with each person pulling a guitar off the wall and playing the same song at the same time (or as closely synchronized as they can make) for a few bars, then hauling mass out of the store...

Aloha,

Brad