Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2008

Velvet

well it's bluesfest... so it would be outdoors, and there would be lawnchairs and lameasses for sure.

I don't recall chairs being a problem for moe. last year, largely due to them getting an early evening (5pm? 6pm? it was still daylight) slot on one of the main stages; there just weren't that many people there, and you could easily get within not too many metres of the stage.

But I wonder: would WSP maybe get a side stage? Los Lobos had one last year, and I think they're more known here than WSP is. And for Los Lobos (which was later in the evening, after moe.; I remember it getting dark during their set), chairs were a problem.

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This site has a list going too, but I'm pretty sure it's just Todd's list and other stuff taken from this very thread. For instance - I started the Tom Petty rumour that site lists, and it's definitely not true so I'm not sure anyone else would write that without seeing it here...

Although nobody here started a Tom Waits rumour...

This site has a list going too, but I'm pretty sure it's just Todd's list and other stuff taken from this very thread. For instance - I started the Tom Petty rumour that site lists, and it's definitely not true so I'm not sure anyone else would write that without seeing it here...

They also list Metallica as being rumoured... I know it was mentioned here that a radio station briefly talked about how they were looking to tour here in the Summer. Anymore truth behind that, or is that another very unlikely event?

That being said..it was briefly discussed in the "wish list "sense awhile back.Not in the actual wish thread but somewhere else...I remember because I wrote it..but thats all I remember except that some discussion of not being the right sort of venue for Tom ensued.

Just out of curiousity, why would someone be tracking this site for info ?

Must be that damn Canadian/US conspiracy thread.

Just out of curiousity, why would someone be tracking this site for info ?

they're looking here because it's probably the only site that is keeping a list like the one Todd has taken care of for the last couple weeks.

i'm shocked that Dr John would even consider coming back to Ottawa after the brutal lawn chair crowd at his last appearance here. it was totally insulting to the man. good for him for turning the other cheek, i guess.

From the facebook page

Feist

Steely Dan

Great Big Sea

Sam Roberts

Kathleen Edwards

Black Crowes

Sean Kingston

Dr. John

Harper

James Taylor

Plain White T's

Three Days Grace

Fergie

Wyclef Jean

Akon

Don Mclean

Donna Summer

Xavier Rudd and Michael Franti come like every year, so it's a safe bet they'll be around this year.