Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2008

Velvet

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course wiki is not considered a reliable source.
So I thought we could list all the rumoured and confirmed acts here and get a jump on the official announcement (when does that happen this year?).

what rumours do you consider reliable? just trying to further the discussion you started.

Back in the early 90s, Tony D had t-shirts with the slogan: "Some people follow the Dead, but cool people follow the D".

I've held a grudge ever since, and refuse to attend any of his performances.

Tony says he's never had such a shirt. Matter of fact, he's only ever had one shirt for sale, and it said his name and nothing more.

He was actually a bit offended, saying he would never say something like that on a shirt.

Rush is playing in Toronto the 11th or something like that....

I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!

PLEASE

it looks like they are booked b4 and after though.

Sat 07/05/08 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center

Mon 07/07/08 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena

Wed 07/09/08 Toronto, ON The Molson Amphitheatre

Fri 07/11/08 Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena

Sat 07/12/08 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center

Mon 07/14/08 Wantagh, NY Nikon At Jones Beach Theater

Tony D

God' date=' I wish for once this wouldn't be true.[/quote']

I just don't understand this mentality. It's a Bluesfest and we have an internationally recognised blues player in town, why shouldn't he be a standard.

Not to mention he's a hell of a player.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Tony as a player and champion of the Blues. Being that it is BLUESfest his inclusion makes sense. I just can't for the life of me stand "hot roadhouse Blues." It is insufferable. Boring and predictable. A little bit of me dies every time I hear some Stevie Ray Vaughn-abie wanking away. I loathe it.

I'd bet good money on Tom Petty being here for Bluesfest

Based on what? I would love to see Petty' date=' just want to know how high to get my hopes :)

[/quote']

fuck, scratch that. he had a big gap in his schedule, now it's full of dates that aren't ottawa. dammit.

it hasn't been annouced but expect to see Widespread Panic

This would surprise the shit out of me knowing how big of a crew that they travel with added to the fact that they havent been in Canada since what 97. 10 years later come back and play Ottawa??? I would love to see it mind you and would make sure that I was there so I'd love to see you right.

Tony D

God' date=' I wish for once this wouldn't be true.[/quote']

I just don't understand this mentality. It's a Bluesfest and we have an internationally recognised blues player in town, why shouldn't he be a standard.

Not to mention he's a hell of a player.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Tony as a player and champion of the Blues. Being that it is BLUESfest his inclusion makes sense. I just can't for the life of me stand "hot roadhouse Blues." It is insufferable. Boring and predictable. A little bit of me dies every time I hear some Stevie Ray Vaughn-abie wanking away. I loathe it.

I can see why you wouldn't be a fan of watered-down Texas blues and rockin' blues, because I despise them both. I love Stevie Ray more than life itself, but find Chris Duarte and others of his ilk boring. I'll give Tony D a listen since I've never heard his music, but by your description, I surmise he is of the blooze rock variety, which I like slightly more than Eric Clapton duing his Babyface era.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!:D

you are in BIG trouble if this doesn't happen now. hehehe

ya, and with my luck, it'll be the first weekend, when I'll be in Massachusetts seeing James Taylor.

(actually, I'll take that back....With my luck, it'll be after July 7, so that I can see them. let's go for this positive energy thing.)

Funny - I was just checking out spreadnet looking for any summer rumours b4 seeing this post. We had fun seeing them at Bethel Woods last summer, but even just a weekend camping ended up costing us over $500.

it hasn't been annouced but expect to see Widespread Panic

This would surprise the shit out of me knowing how big of a crew that they travel with added to the fact that they havent been in Canada since what 97. 10 years later come back and play Ottawa??? I would love to see it mind you and would make sure that I was there so I'd love to see you right.

That's predominantly why they haven't been back. It just doesn't make sense to haul all that stuff up to play a 500 seat venue. Bluesfest would be different.

well, here's hoping....