Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2008

Velvet

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it hasn't been annouced but expect to see Widespread Panic

do you know who is playing on any other stage at that time so i can plan my day? :)

Are they big enough to get a headline spot? Doesn't seem worth the trip if they just end up playing an hour in broad daylight like moe did last year.

one year it was like SCI, keller, the slip. last year it was umphreys, moe, etc.

Actually, 2005 had Umphrey's, SCI, and Keller Williams at Blues Fest, followed by Burt Neilson Band and Grand Theft Bus at Mavericks. moe. played last year, without Umphrey's (who played in Toronto in April, 2007). The Slip played at Mavericks in 2006, during, but not part of, Blues Fest.

Aloha,

Brad

Sonny from WP called me this morning and told me it's in the works. They are a 30 person crew!

Sonny Domingo Ortiz gave you a shout this morning eh, well i'll be. Maybe this shit don't stink??

Come on Jay what else did he say they aren't going to come across for Ottawa alone. It's been a long time since that kitty crossed my path. Heck we haven't seen a show post Houser. This would be a treat.

This (the Ottawa part) is a rumour and speculation, both on my part and on CHEZ 106 and many internet boards.

Metallica will be playing Quebec City as part of Festival D'ete and as part of the 400th Anniversary celebrations. This show will happen between July 4 and 10.

According to the unnamed and therefore not yet credible sources, Bluesfest is in negotiations to have Metallica play.

This is where Schwa chimes in, I do believe. :)

Here it is a month before the lineup is announced and we've collectively sussed out the following:

James Taylor

Manx/Breit

Zappa Plays Zappa

Kruger Brothers

Ryan Montbleau Band

Steely Dan

Widespread Panic

Steve Earle

Brian Wilson

Luke Doucet

Lady Rho

JW Jones