Jambands.ca

Canada Day plans?

ollie

Seems awfully quiet on the Canada Day festivities talk. What's everyone up to tomorrow?

I think this is the first time in 3 or 4 years that I won't be going to a "that place" party so I plan to check out all the downtown sights and sounds that I've been missing. So no real plans, just gonna check out all the action and drink snoots.

Seems awfully quiet on the Canada Day festivities talk. What's everyone up to tomorrow?

I think this is the first time in 3 or 4 years that I won't be going to a "that place" party so I plan to check out all the downtown sights and sounds that I've been missing. So no real plans, just gonna check out all the action and drink snoots.

Jazz Fest is free in Confederation Park on Tuesday.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

11:00 AM / Torngat / Confederation Park: Elgin Stage

12:00 PM / Basia Bulat / Confederation Park: Main Stage

1:00 PM / Souljazz Orchestra / Confederation Park: Elgin Stage

2:30 PM / Jayme Stone & Mansa Sissoko / Confederation Park: Elgin Stage

3:30 PM / Alex Cuba / Confederation Park: Main Stage

4:30 PM / TD Canada Trust Jazz Youth Summit / Confederation Park: Elgin Stage

6:30 PM / Molly Johnson / Confederation Park: Main Stage

Aloha,

Brad

Trevor said he'd still be at that place. He's bringing a coleman stove, a cooler of beer, a tarp and possibly a tent. If anyone wants to join him, they're more than welcome.

Ollie, give us a shout tonight. Maybe we can hookup tomorrow.

I like to rock.

April Wine is playing for free in Kanata tomorrow.

if it's free' date=' it should be in hull.[/quote']

I'll be leaving Kanata early to avoid any chances of being in earshot of April Wine.

Freak, you are more than welcome to come have a few pre-party Molson Canadians here at my place as long as the mullet count stays below 3.

my buddy bill voisey is having a few bands/bbq in his backyard. he's been doing it for years on canada day and always get's a pritty good crowd for a bit then most would go over to that place party so he always starts early like 1 ish and ends around 8 pm down on spruce st. if you know bill im sure he would be cool if some people came down. it's the house with the lesh is more sticker on the mailbox.. as far as bands not too sure. low key.. hopefully the weather stays away. not like the time nero played at his canada party and it started hailing.. !!!

Edited by Guest

Snooting really tough last night b4 dark.

Didn't even try getting on the Hill, RCMP checking bags.

Walked down to Buck 65 didn't bother spending the cashola.

Snuck some beers out of a Lebanese restaurant, went back into the hordes of people at Major's Hill for the fireworks, Stapes found us a nice spot, but man, I really miss the Forty Main.

I hear ya Dinghy. I missed 40 Main all day yesterday. Canada Day just isn't the same without it.

We did Major's Hill Park, and a walk up and down Rideau Street. Didn't really catch anything more than people watching, but the people we saw made it worthwhile (I think bouche will post a picture of a hot naked lesbian - who doesn't like that eye candy?)

We watched fireworks from the river's edge at the museum in Hull with our puppy dog. It was nice.