Jambands.ca

Recommend some good movies

DevO

Don't know if it is downloadable, but I just saw Wall-E ... hands down, best animated film I have ever seen.

Wall-E was a great movie. Pixar is incredible. The short before the movie about the bunny and the magician was hilarious too.

I counted only 3 apple references in the movie. The first generation iPod, Wall-E's startup mac sound, and I believe there was also the mac's "alert" sound.

• 5 weeks later...

I just finished watching a movie called "The Man From Earth" which was quite good, in a quiet sort of way. It's basically a one-room play in which the main character attempts to persuade his friends that he's actually a Cro-Magnon man who has managed to survive for 14,000 years.

Very good. I suppose you could call it science-fiction, but more old-school 1950s science-fiction, without all of the science and technology. Basically, science-fiction for those who don't like spaceships. Recommended.

• 1 month later...

I haven't watched too many new films since the fall TV season started, but I rather liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It's a pretty funny, bawdy romantic comedy (a genre I like - more with classic movies though). Anyway, I think Sarah Marshall is a better film than other Judd Apatow-related comedies like Knocked Up and Superbad (maybe not funnier than the latter, but better all-round). The best of the bunch is still The 40-Year Old Virgin, by a healthy margin.

I recently watched Johnny Got His Gun. It's the movie that Metalica used for their 'One' video. It's really something.

Besides that... I've been exploring the world of mumblecore. Slow paced 20-something low budget films with slight plots and messy hair. Addictive though. The Puffy Chair, Quiet City, Team Picture... there's lots of them out there.

I recently watched Johnny Got His Gun. It's the movie that Metalica used for their 'One' video. It's really something.

Besides that... I've been exploring the world of mumblecore. Slow paced 20-something low budget films with slight plots and messy hair. Addictive though. The Puffy Chair, Quiet City, Team Picture... there's lots of them out there.

I didn't know this was a movie! It's a book too and holy shit it made me ball like such a little girl. Absolutely heart wrenching...could easily create many a pacifist.

Besides that... I've been exploring the world of mumblecore. Slow paced 20-something low budget films with slight plots and messy hair. Addictive though. The Puffy Chair' date=' Quiet City, Team Picture... there's lots of them out there.[/quote']

I didn't know this was a movie! It's a book too and holy shit it made me ball like such a little girl. Absolutely heart wrenching...could easily create many a pacifist.

There's also a film of the stage production out now or coming out soon.