Jambands.ca

Recommend some good movies

DevO

In Bruges

Did you think that was a really good one? I enjoyed it, but i thought it was really missing something. Don't know what though ... hmmmm. I believe it was a stage production before becoming a film (which I can totally picture).

btw - we watched the Battlestar Galactica miniseries (2003) recently and really dug it. Looking forward to the first season of it now.

I heard about that King of Kong, good call... Will check it out. Here are some others that a friend of mine just recommended to me:

-There Will Be Blood (Daniel Day Lewis as a crazy oil driller in the early 1900s mix in some weird evangelical town and you have a wild movie)

-The Lives of Others (Germany post WWII paranoia, best screenplay in ages)

-Control (Joy Division biopic)

I saw all three of those and they were all awesome - especially The Lives of Others.

The Lives of Others is the best of those three. Wonderful film and deserving of the last year's Foreign Language Oscar. It's truly sad that the film's star, Ulrich Mühe, died of stomach cancer before it's world-wide release.

Its more of a documentary movie....

It is called Before the Music dies.

It's one take on the modern music industry

and the plight of the Indiependant musician in this time.

Great quotes from Dave Mathews,Branford Marsalis,Questlove,Erykah Badu, Widespread panic,

check it out here...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=45978475

I will start another post about it as well.

Figured that it is in any modern musicians interest to watch this.