Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest Adds More Acts

bouche

Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest organizers today announced several more acts to be added to the preliminary line-up, unveiled two weeks ago.

Seminal west-coast rap icon and one of hip-hop's best and most controversial artists, Ice Cube is slated for July 14; Canadian psychedelic rock-band Black Mountain will perform on July 17; New York indie art punk sensations, Yeah Yeah Yeahs are in on July 19; and Jack White’s new project The Dead Weather are also lined up for the final day of the ‘fest, July 19.

It's Dough Boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Boyz-In-The-Hood-Ice-Cube_l.jpg

Fuck the police comin straight from the underground

A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown

And not the other color so police think

they have the authority to kill a minority

Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the one

for a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun

to be beatin on, and thrown in jail

We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell

Fuckin with me cause I'm a teenager

with a little bit of gold and a pager

Searchin my car, lookin for the product

Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics

You'd rather see, me in the pen

than me and Lorenzo rollin in a Benz-o

Beat a police out of shape

and when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape

To tape off the scene of the slaughter

Still gettin swoll off bread and water

I don't know if they fags or what

Search a nigga down, and grabbin his nuts

And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none

But don't let it be a black and a white one

Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top

Black police showin out for the white cop

Ice Cube will swarm

on ANY motherfucker in a blue uniform

Just cause I'm from, the CPT

Ounk police are afraid of me!

HUH, a young nigga on the warpath

And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath

of cops, dyin in L.A.

Yo Dre, I got somethin to say

Actually, the order of the Ice Cube/Our Lady Peace gig isn't a scheduling mishap, it's a stroke of genius. I'm hoping Ice Cube's fans will stick around long enough to give Raine Maida a warm bullet-filled welcome after listening to him belting out the lyrics to "Starseed" and "Innocent."

We can finally rid the world of Our Lady Peace once and for all. Thank you Ottawa Bluesfest!

if you don't like a band there is a solution. you don't have to listen to them. that's how i deal with our lady peace. i haven't ever heard the songs that you refer to.

Jaimoe gets a bit obsessive from time to time.

The city's powerful executive committee yesterday approved the handover of 30 parcels of city-owned land, including the Deer Park Library on St. Clair Avenue East and a TTC lot at York Mills Road and Yonge Street, to a new city agency that will attempt to develop them.

But even among Mayor David Miller's staunchest allies, there was unusual anxiety as the city began transferring properties to Build Toronto, to either be developed in partnership with the private sector or possibly sold off.

"I don't disagree that the city needs a revised real estate policy, but frankly this put us in a very schizophrenic position," said council veteran Howard Moscoe (Eglinton Lawrence).

It creates a potential conflict of interest, he said, "because we are both the developer and the community administrator, because there are built-in tensions between communities and developers."

Palpable dissent is unusual at executive committee meetings, and the Mayor found himself in the rare position of having to rally some of his uneasy troops.

I've got a question - how do you know you don't like a band if you don't listen to them?

Exactly right. I don't listen to Nickelback by choice, but we all know Nickelback's music and we all hate it, at least we all should hate it.

It doesn't look like the Truckers are going to do a Toronto show while they're up here. This means I'll have to make the trek to Ottawa. I shall do my best to behave myself and not kick over lawn chairs.

For those of you in Ottawa that have not seen the Drive-By Truckers... get ready!!!