Jambands.ca

Let's hear it for the American right to bear arms ... at all costs

StoneMtn

Girl, 3, shoots dead two-year old brother

28/05/2009 - 10:27:58

A boy of two has died after being accidentally shot by his three-year-old sister.

Police in Bakersfield, California said the girl apparently found a .45 calibre semiautomatic handgun under her parents’ bed and accidentally shot her brother.

The wounded boy was taken to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Police say the children’s mother was in another room in their apartment at the time of the shooting. Their father was at work.

The investigation is continuing.

Link

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say this is more a matter of stupid parenting.

i mean...i'm sure negligence also leads to 3 year olds drowning in backyard pools as well.

The difference being pools are designed for recreational use. A drowning is an accident.

Guns kill people. Thats what they're for.

[color:purple]Come on, as long as you take a safety course all will be OK!?!?

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/293333.php

Tucson Region

Law and Order

Phoenix man killed in gun-safety demo

Arizona Daily Star

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.18.2009

A 26-year-old Phoenix man accidentally killed himself early Sunday while explaining gun safety to two Sierra Vista residents.

Samuel Benally Jr. was at an apartment on West Tacoma Street when he said guns should be kept unloaded because people could point them at their heads, said Sierra Vista police Sgt. Brett Mitchell.

Benally then demonstrated by putting his own 9mm Ruger, which he believed to be unloaded, to his head and firing it, Mitchell said.

Benally was flown to University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, Mitchell said.

An investigation is ongoing, but police do not believe alcohol or drugs were involved, Mitchell said.

Kim Smith

what the hell is a loaded gun doing under a bed?

It's the States - that's what they do. They play hide and seek with loaded guns.

Mud's dad married a lady from Ohio - I found a loaded gun under her couch the first time we went down to visit.

what the hell is a loaded gun doing under a bed?

It's the States - that's what they do. They play hide and seek with loaded guns.

Mud's dad married a lady from Ohio - I found a loaded gun under her couch the first time we went down to visit.

That's nuts. uhhh...what were you doing under her couch? You loaded too? :)

Last Gratefulfest I had a conversation with some Americans about guns and they refused to believe that I don't know anyone in Canada that owns a gun. I also found that while traveling in the States no one believed that I was traveling alone on a motorcycle without a gun. I got tired of the crazy looks and lectures on getting myself armed that when asked I would reply 'Well, I'd be insane not to have a gun.'

I got tired of the crazy looks and lectures on getting myself armed that when asked I would reply 'Well, I'd be insane not to have a gun.'

And that's better than being insane WITH a gun?

I still don't get how having a gun in your possession truly makes you any safer than without. I know there are cases where people truly have defended themselves, but at what ratio to incidents where it simply incited more violence that otherwise may not have occurred?

I got tired of the crazy looks and lectures on getting myself armed that when asked I would reply 'Well' date=' I'd be insane not to have a gun.'[/quote']

And that's better than being insane WITH a gun?

I still don't get how having a gun in your possession truly makes you any safer than without. I know there are cases where people truly have defended themselves, but at what ratio to incidents where it simply incited more violence that otherwise may not have occurred?

In my experience I found that simply the fear of the probability of the other person being armed prevents most people from causing problems. I found it really sad that many of the Americans I met live in fear and would not have been friendly to me if they hadn't noticed my Canadian plates.

"maybe it's not such a bad thing that the police and army aren't the only people who can carry guns."

thanks, Deranger

"I would challenge any American to show me where, in their Constitution, there is any mention of the right to own a handgun."

awesome, Basher.

Doesn't mean that handguns should be banned. Storage and transportation issues.

"The real issue here is parenting. I guess it's fair to say that this house was not exactly "baby-proofed" for safety."

I love your threads, Caveman Lawyer.

It amuses me that I acknowledged Dima's point at the very beginning of this thread, which I specifically said is a good point, yet people skip that part and decide to refer to me as exhibiting "righteous indignation", with others sheepishly supporting that unfounded remark.

My only indignation is regarding inattention to detail. Read before you post.

It amuses me that I acknowledged Dima's point at the very beginning of this thread, which I specifically said is a good point, yet people skip that part and decide to refer to me as exhibiting "righteous indignation", with others sheepishly supporting that unfounded remark.

It was founded on your subject line. :)