Jambands.ca

pickup trucks

bONES

I need a new one.

Currently I have a 1999 Mazda B4000 4X4

It still only has 145,000 kms on it, but it's time for me to upgrade to something from this century.

I am looking for some advice on what to purchase or lease.

What's the better option?

What make & model?

I'm leaning towards a Dodge, but open to hearing what others have, like, dislike, etc.

It has to be a truck.

I'm a welder who works four jobs, plus I have my own welding business (so make that 5 jobs!)

I haul shit around (welding machines, steel, etc).

I will also be traveling a lot with my newest job (welding inspector), anywhere from Windsor to Ottawa and north to Sudbury or further.

Anyway, I thought i would put this out there before I head out to talk to sales people at the dealerships.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions or stay clear froms

bONES

I will also be traveling a lot with my newest job (welding inspector), anywhere from Windsor to Ottawa and north to Sudbury or further.

I take it you got the job?! Congrats, that's awesome!

Does that mean you're moving to Sudbury though?

As for the question at hand, I like the Tacoma and have heard great things about Toyota trucks in general. That being said, I'm no expert on cars.

thanks everyone

nibbler PM sent back at ya

Jaybone...I do have my own business and I am considering leasing because I have heard from others what you wrote in your post. Thank you :thumbup:

BMW's hey !?

My company is named bONES mOBILE wELDING , so a beamer just makes sense.

Bob Marley said his stood for Bob Marley & the Wailers.

As far as I know there are no BMW pickup trucks. Just the SUV's I see everywhere in Toronto.

There have not been any recalls on the Toyota trucks as far as I know. My dad had one when I was a teenager and it was awesome!

YATS > Sudbury is out for now. They took too long to get back to me and my skills are in demand bro :P

I had an interview yesterday with an inspection company located in Brampton. Got hired on the spot and was supposed to do my first shop visit/inspection today (but the weather changed my plans).

I'm off to Brampton tomorrow and the other side of Brantford on Friday.

Looks like I may be doing a lot of traveling for this job. Possibly going back to Dubai too as they are part of the Burj Dubai project.

I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota. Do not buy one of these pieces of shit! They get terrible gas mileage, and if you are going to be travelling alot steer clear of the dakota. Mine has 55,000km and some hail damage if you want to buy it.

thanks for the tip

I am/was considering a RAM 1500

...and I will pass on your Dakota, thanks anyway

I'm still the welding supervisor for The Venture Group Ltd. If I leave the company will lose their certification (until they can find a replacement).

I went out to Rexdale on Saturday to do a welding job at a bakery we have a maintenance contract with..they sent me home with a huge box of baked goodies (like they always do).

mmmmmm...two bite brownies!

good call I fucking love monster trucks !!! haha

bones i envy your future purchase as I have always loved trucks

anyway, id recommend a ford 250 diesel or one of the fuel efficient hybrid options available now since it sounds like your gonna be traveling far distances...but whatever I did I wouldn't buy a dodge hehe

sorry just never been a fan is all...

good luck !!!

If you're going new I'd go Toyota for sure and buy from downtown Toronto.

1. the trucks haven't been recalled.

2. Toyota is hurting

3. every Toyota dealer has a quota of trucks (or any model) they have to take and downtown Toronto dealers sell about ZERO a year

All that combined should get you a pretty good deal. I have a friend working on getting one right now... and all that advice comes from him.

What makes you post that little-animation-thing regarding Toyota?

Other than a Smart Car, I've only driven Toyotas (3 different ones) for the last 12 years, and I've loved them all.

Did you post that because of the recalls? It seems they're treating their customers quite well with that, as they're replacing parts for free.

Is there something about Toyota's customer service record I don't know?