Jambands.ca

Y'know what's weird about that oil spill?

Velvet

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Americans maintained their equipment and didn't man their platforms with mouth breathers and ex cons, this could have been avoided.

I thought it was a British Petroleum platform.

Peace out everyone! Have a great weekend. Don't worry about oil spills, dead former child actors, or Willie Nelson's ponytails. Don't watch any network TV. And feel free to pay for that coffee with pennies.

what's a mouth breather?

Basically someone ignorant' date=' socially & mentally.[/quote']

I think it depends on how you look at being 'ignorant'. Either way, A moron that lacks class...so uncouth that they never learned to breathe through their nose.

Take slackjawed one step further and there you have it.

Dawn is gonna sell a WHOLE LOT of dish soap....

I think they may have sabotaged the pipe.

wouldn't it have been fun to be a fly on the wall at their recent advert meetings? should we keep running them? should we stop? what message will it send if we run? what message will it send if we stop?

I think it depends on how you look at being 'ignorant'

ignorant

adj.

1. Lacking education or knowledge.

2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.

3. Unaware or uninformed.

Aka: a mouth breather.

Your friend sounds like a wee bit of an asshole' date=' expertise aside.[/quote']

Why?

The guy obviously knows the technical aspects of the industry and I'm sure has a way better understanding of the operations on rigs. Being in that industry he's probably noticed first hand how rigs are operated differently by various crews/corporations/countries.

By the 'expertise aside' part of my comment I think it's clear that sure, maybe the guy knows the technical stuff you wrote about. But, how a steel inspector in Norway knows about the HR practices and employee rolls of a rig in the Gulf, how much he knows about the expertise of the workers on that rig, etc, those comments make him ignorant of what happened on that rig.

For sure there were engineers, medics, pilots, hydrologists, drillers, cooks, office workers, janitors, etc etc etc that worked on that rig. And regardless of the workers' social status, job title, recidivism rate or whatever, 11 of them died. 15 kids lost a parent. So whatever, the guy made some remarks that might have been relevant to the technical side of things. But to slag the workers that were caught in an unfortunate situation out of their control, yeah, he's an asshole for saying that.

ignorant

adj.

2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.

Aka: a mouth breather.

Since to me this all seems more like 'oblivious' than 'ignorant' (Which I always figure takes more effort than the dictionary would suggest) I'd better sleep on my side tonight.