NFL 2010

Schwa.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$40 million guaranteed.

Clarification from Peter King:

As ESPN's Adam Schefter reported this morning, Washington paid McNabb a $3.5 million bonus upon execution of the contract. The club has to decide whether to pay him a $10 million option bonus early in the 2011 offseason; if the Redskins do, they'll be on the hook for his relatively paltry $2.5 million salary for the 2011 season. The deal escalates in 2012 to 2015 to larger numbers, but the contract, essentially, gives the Redskins two reasonable outs in the next year or so.

If they decide to let him go after this season, they've paid only $3.75 million (which includes $250,000 if he stays active for eight games, which he has already done). Then, if they chose to have him on the team in 2011, they pay $12.5 million, which seems fair. The guarantee portion of the deal would come in if he suffers a serious injury, presumably one that ends his career -- then the Redskins would owe him $25 million.

That is not a bad contract at all. And though it could end up a five-year, $78-million deal (which was first reported Monday afternoon by ESPN's Michael Smith), it will do so only if he's the kind of franchise quarterback the Redskins thought they traded for last April. McNabb has not been that player yet. After 10 weeks of his first season playing for father and son Shanahan, McNabb is the 29th-rated quarterback in the league. If he doesn't improve, he's not going to be the quarterback for very long. Pure and simple.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/16/mcnabb/index.html#ixzz15TKbzsmn

Go Bills Go!

Man, that was a wicked 2nd half for the Bills. Good on them. They have been playing well, lately. But, it could be a different story next week playing the Steelers.

The Battle of 1812 did not disappoint yesterday. I was hoping that Peyton was going to pull it off at the end.

Go Bills Go!

Man' date=' that was a wicked 2nd half for the Bills. Good on them. They have been playing well, lately. But, it could be a different story next week playing the Steelers.

The Battle of 1812 did not disappoint yesterday. I was hoping that Peyton was going to pull it off at the end. [/quote']

I figure thats 5 straight weeks that the Bills have played some good ball. If we could only stop anything on the defensive side we'd be a much tougher opponent.

Poor Peyton throwing that final INT; I think they should have run it up the gut one more time and tried the field goal.....

The crowd chanting "Fire Childress" at the end of yesterdays game was great- but CBS getting a camera man down on the sideline to film the look on his face while the chant echoed through the dome was BRILLIANT!

Instead of another post, how about I throw in "What the hell is wrong with Vince Youngs head?" for future discussions.....