Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

hamilton

Wanting to attend and paying $250 to attend are different ;)

Trust me, if somebody laid on a couple of comp tix for a Leafs game i'd be there in a heartbeat with my son. Would I pay full price to take him to see this team? Hell no. We can get a lot more quality time together doing other things for that kind of money.

All I was getting at is that I won't throw money at them when in return they throw poo back :P

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Wilson won't be fired.

Leafs GM Brian Burke backed his coach — yet again — despite boos raining down from the Air Canada Centre during a 5-0 loss to Edmonton and fans chanting “Fire Wilson.â€

“No coaching change,†Burke told TSN, which repeated the comment on Twitter.

The whole Twitter universe seemed to be talking about Wilson — the topic was trending in Canada — with fans weighing in on their opinion.

“If it was ANY other team in the NHL, the coach would be gone. Because his name is Ron Wilson, he stays,†tweeted @andrewrizzi.

“So if it isn't Ron Wilson's fault, then it's Brian Burkes. No ifs, ands, or buts about it,†said @BrianHuddle.

Wilson had his defenders.

“We're not big Ron Wilson fans. Still, how can fans say #Leafs have no talent, then say fire Wilson. If he's given no talent, he can't win,†tweeted @theSportsJesters.

Twitter only echoed Toronto’s angry fans wallowing in hopelessness.

Up next, the Boston Bruins are here Saturday with Tyler Seguin — the No. 2 overall pick the Leafs could have had last season if not for the Kessel deal. The booing was vociferous against the Oilers but imagine the soundtrack to Saturday’s game if the Bruins win and Seguin pops a goal or two.

After that, the Leafs face Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin in consecutive games on a road trip through Pittsburgh and Washington. Then they’re home to face Philadelphia and Montreal.

I had the pleasure of watching Tuesday nights epic collapse (I know the Habs did the same thing the night after) in a bar in Toronto. There was sort of a groan after the game tying goal with 8 seconds left, but then everyone just assumed they would lose from there.

I enjoyed watching the collapse with you. Great laughs all round.

I had the pleasure of watching Tuesday nights epic collapse (I know the Habs did the same thing the night after) in a bar in Toronto. There was sort of a groan after the game tying goal with 8 seconds left' date=' but then everyone just assumed they would lose from there.[/quote']

I enjoyed watching the collapse with you. Great laughs all round.

Agreed! We did have a good time laughing at that "expected" collapse. At least they provide a little humour if one can look at it that way ;)

Up next, the Boston Bruins are here Saturday with Tyler Seguin — the No. 2 overall pick the Leafs could have had last season if not for the Kessel deal. The booing was vociferous against the Oilers but imagine the soundtrack to Saturday’s game if the Bruins win and Seguin pops a goal or two.

After that, the Leafs face Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin in consecutive games on a road trip through Pittsburgh and Washington. Then they’re home to face Philadelphia and Montreal.

Hahahaha ... it only gets better :D

Komisarek is a healthy scratch tonight?

The Star mentioned that he had an "upper body injury" but I'm sure I heard the game announcers say that he was a healthy scratch. I prefer to think that he has been scratched for his entirely abysmal play over the last... twenty games or so.