Jambands.ca

Good Memories Today!

LJFH

The most vivid memory I have of Hood was at Dekcuf one night, when he went up to the bar, bought a full tray of Jager shots, and started handing them out, for no reason at all that I could find, other than to help everyone have fun.

Today, I feel good.

Aloha,

Brad

Remember that time we went to Ithaca to see moe. (we had a huge posse at that one)... and after a night of Saranacs and upstate NY pizza we all passed out... in the morning, i acted as a human alarm clock and woke up a room full of people, with alarm tone set to 'fart', volume set to max.

I'll never forget how happy he was with those farts. Laughing and kicking the sheets in delight. Its rare that I relish the opportunity to showcase flatulants- but i did for hood. he was good.

We had a serious phish experience at the Clifford Ball together. Alot of new music was played that day from Billy Breaths and we were going nuts together. Driving home, if memory serves me correctly, we were in the back of Netty's Saab with at least 1 guitar, and I was teaching him how to play the hook from Sweet Child O' Mine.

There are way too many incredible Hood quotes but this one will always sum him up best for me:

10qyzk9.jpg

Mad props to the heady Kingston crowd. Holyshit, did we laugh often and alot. I will always remember his bday because we met him when he moved in with Indika to go to school at St Lawrence and was 18. We would bring him to the Ports and when he finally turned 19 on the 19th, he walked up to the bar, produced his ID and said something like "You dumb fucks have been illegally serving me, until now."

http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/canada-suicide-hotlines.html

Suicide prevention hotlines and information.

That picture is Hood, me..smiling my ass off probably because I was surrounded by handsomes, Giggles, Jaybone, Velvet sporting the ever famous googly eyed vest and I think its Stapes back in the dark background..the scan darkened it up too much for you to see. Bouche..that was the name tag night. I wish I could remember more from that night? Memory jogs?

Edited by Guest
things I don't remember...

http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/canada-suicide-hotlines.html

Suicide prevention hotlines and information.

That picture is Hood, me..smiling my ass off probably because I was surrounded by handsomes, Giggles, Jaybone, Velvet sporting the ever famous googly eyed vest and I think its Stapes back in the dark background..the scan darkened it up too much for you to see. Bouche..that was the name tag night. I wish I could remember more from that night? Memory jogs?

That was a very good night. Lots of effort by a number of people. H made all our avatars and graphix in photoshop, and ms.hux printed off the tags. ms.hux, me, hood and booche laminated all the tag with a lamintor (though I think booche just drank and watched) that Hood borrowed from his dad. We had burgers at a place in mooney's bay and then met everyone at the Cafe Dekcuf.

edit: from reading the thread about 3.31.02, looks like laminating happened a few nights before the main event.