Jambands.ca

NYC - March 3-6 - Trip Ideas?

Jay Funk Dawg

Hey Friends,

I'm headed out on a trip to NYC with my fiancee, Karen. She's doing a talk & job interview at Columbia University, as we might move there in the Fall.

So we're going to down also to scope it out and check out some happenings. I haven't been to NYC in 15 years, but I had fun checking out SOHO / The Village / Greenich Village...

any suggestions on attractions, shows etc... ?

thanks!

J

go to Brooklyn Bowl - it's the shit

also go to Shake Shack in Madison Square Park for amazing burgers which you get to eat outdoors (plenty of heating lamps no worries)

...just keep eating, food is the best thing about nyc.

oh, the highline park in the meat packing district is also really cool, there's a really wicked beer hall right below the central part of it with tons of ping pong tables and just a really cool vibe.

'Need a condom in New York City? Help is at hand with a new iPhone app to help locate free sheaths in the Big Apple. A new 'NYC Condom Finder' mobile phone application was launched on Valentine's Day. The free app locates the five nearest venues that distribute the condoms provided by the health department, using the phone's global positioning system (GPS) technology. The app not only provides the opening hours for each venue but also directions by foot, car or public transport, as well as tips on how to use condoms. Dr Thomas Farley, the health commissioner, said: 'The NYC Condom Finder is a useful tool to ensure that New Yorkers have access to free condoms wherever they are in the city.' The NYC Condom Finder app is available to download on iPhones and the Android market' - Metro

Check out the MOMA... seriously it is fucking awesome!

When you are done there pop over to the Guggenheim... that place is also wicked awesome.

#1 tip for NYC if you are looking for a place to eat... pop into, or call the conceirege(sp?) at the four seasons hotel and ask for a suggestion... give them a budget and the type of food and neighborhood... they will give you the most amazing of suggestions!!!!

Also as an addition... if you are going clothing shopping fuck NYC... take a 20 minute drive to Jersey where there is no sales tax on clothing

Or hypothetically he could also wait until April 1st when the sales tax exemption returns again.

It a weird ass law, but clothes and footwear under $110 are considered a necessity and therefore not subject to the tax.

In Mass its $75 and under for just about everything except belts!

What a wonderful world....