Jambands.ca

Phish show to benefit VT flood recovery

phorbesie

Phish: A Benefit For Vermont Flood Recovery, September 14th

Phish will play a special show at Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction, VT next Wednesday, September 14th. The concert will benefit Vermont flood recovery efforts. In the wake of Hurricane Irene, Vermont experienced its worst flooding in a century, which devastated communities throughout the state.

"It's been heartbreaking to see all the loss and destruction that came from the storm," said Phish keyboardist Page McConnell. "Vermont is very much a part of who we are as a band. We're really looking forward to playing this show and we hope the money raised will make a difference in the recovery and rebuilding effort."

General admission tickets will be $75. In addition, a special "Friend of WaterWheel" package will be available for $250. It will include preferred parking, a reserved box seat, a limited edition poster and access to a Vermont craft beer tent. A very limited number of tickets are available directly through Phish Tickets' online ticketing system at http://phish.portals.musictoday.com. The ticket request period is currently underway and will end on Wednesday, September 7, at noon ET. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Saturday, September 10, at 10:00 AM ET. In order to ensure that a large allotment of tickets is available to local residents, the public onsale will be in-person only and will be cash only. The box office location will be announced this Friday at http://phish.com, by email update and on local radio stations. There will be a limit of two tickets per person whether individuals are purchasing in person or during the online ticket request period.

Proceeds from the concert and merchandise sales will be directed to The WaterWheel Foundation and The Vermont Community Foundation to aid in the recovery of the Green Mountain State.

The WaterWheel Foundation was created by Phish in 1997 to oversee the band's various charitable activities. Fans can donate to The WaterWheel Foundation by clicking here. You should specify that they would like their contribution to go to Vermont flood recovery efforts. The Vermont Community Foundation was founded in 1986 and is Vermont's largest homegrown philanthropic foundation, managing a collection of over 600 charitable funds that invest more than $18 million annually in Vermont through grants, loans and other investments. In the aftermath of Hurricane Irene, the Foundation worked with donors and other partners to facilitate donations for relief and recovery efforts, including the establishment of a fund to benefit Vermont farmers affected by the storm. Visit vermontcf.org or call 802-388-3355 for more information.

The show will be Phish's first in Vermont since 2004. Doors will open at 5:30 PM and the concert will begin at 7:00 PM.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closest Phish show to Ottawa in 17 years? Order in.

Looks like the venue has a capacity of 10,505. Couple that with general onsale being in-person only and this is gonna be one tough mail order.

If any of you Ottawa folk wanna order a pair just to see if you get 'em, well I'd happily take the pair off your hands.

Anyway, hope to see some of you down there.

Closest Phish show to Ottawa in 17 years? Order in.

If I was a PT jerk off I would point out that both Lake Placid, NY (12/16/95, 12/17/95 and 10/16/96) and Plattsburgh, NY (Clifford Ball, 1996) are closer to Ottawa than Essex Junction is. I would then call you a n00b and say "Sorry you never saw Phish," even though you've seen them way more times than I likely ever will. But that's not how I roll and would be douchey hair splitting, so I'm a shut the hell up.

Both the Lake Placid shows and the Plattsburgh shows (each of which I attended, close that they were), are farther away in TIME, which mulitiplied into the whole spatial thing make them distincly farther away in the realm of space/time, the very realm that I hope to travel through to see the band next Wednesday (merely days away - see?).

Duh!

What's a n00b?

Both the Lake Placid shows and the Plattsburgh shows (each of which I attended, close that they were), are farther away in TIME, which mulitiplied into the whole spatial thing make them distincly farther away in the realm of space/time, the very realm that I hope to travel through to see the band next Wednesday (merely days away - see?).

Duh!

What's a n00b?

LP and P-Burgh are both closer to Ottawa in driving time than Essex Junction, though at this point I'm not even sure what we're talking about anymore.

Hawking'd.

We're karmically infused.

How did you guys do in the Colorado contest?

You had a great story!

Ps. Congrats and as usual' date=' I'm jealous!

[/quote']

Harumph. We came in third, though free tix only went to 1st and 2nd (phorbesie still went to Colorado, I didn't).

The entry that beat mine was a poorly written paragraph about a guy at Coventry who helped carry another guy who was in a wheelchair from camping to the concert field on the first night, resulting in the loss of the first guy's shoes and stash.

For the record, the above is a dramatically improved rewrite of dudes entry.

Here's a article from VT about Phish this show.

Be warned, if your a hyper-sensitive Phish fan don't bother reading. lol

http://7d.blogs.com/blurt/2011/09/here-for-phish-how-about-you-lend-a-phreaking-hand.html

Once this made it to PT, they attacked her FB page with such articulate comments like this:

"Bob LeClair

your mother sucks cocks in hell."

Coco Hanna

FUCK YOUR FACE

It appears her FB may have been deactivated, I imagine due to the extreme harassment she got.