Jambands.ca

Phish show to benefit VT flood recovery

phorbesie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to hear about a terrible fanbase, check out the dead lot documentary 'tie-died' from the 94 lot era, seems to me you would fit into that awesome era.

Those fucks didnt work for me either and thankgod there wasnt an entitled online community for me to get sick of. My rose coloured glasses were essentially knocked off my face that summer camping at Buckeye beside these fucktards from Philly. Whenever I hear of folks speak of the nitrous mafia, I picture that lot.

The last shows I saw were Detroit in 1995 and the image of that lot scene which carried over to where we were staying will forever be etched in my memory. Fugly.

I find the Phish shows to be more of a mature crowd for the most part these days.

Lots of dudes in their 30-40s looking to kick back for a night or two without their wives and kids.

You can still find the sketch, but you can also avoid it.

PT is not an accurate representation of the real fans. Internet personas are what they are.

Wednesday, 09/14/2011

Champlain Valley Exposition, Essex Junction, VT

Soundcheck: Jam, Midnight Confessions, Ginseng Sullivan, Silent Night (on Theremin), Too Much Fried Dough At The Fair, Peaches en Regalia, Cannonball tease, Jam [unconfirmed and Incomplete]

Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, The Moma Dance > NICU, Funky Bitch, Sample in a Jar, Cavern, Bathtub Gin, Alaska > Possum, Wolfman's Brother > Julius

Set 2: Carini[1] > Down with Disease[1] > Slave to the Traffic Light > Rock and Roll > Twist > Backwards Down the Number Line, Theme From the Bottom > Suzy Greenberg > Character Zero

Encore: Loving Cup

[1] Unfinished.

Notes: This special performance was a benefit for flood relief efforts in Vermont the wake of Hurricane Irene. The show was preceded by an announcement from Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin, who thanked the crowd for their support and spoke about additional ways people could get involved in the flood relief effort. Carini was dedicated to Pete and Tara Carini. Carini and Disease were unfinished.

I thought Kuroda slayed

2nd set I was beside the board and I spent the bulk of the set with my eyes on ck5. He is soooo good at his job.

I had a good time at the show, it was very standard, a straight-up rock and roll show, start to finish. There was no reggae, no barbershop, no freaky vocal jams, no country twang, just a bunch of three-chord blazers.

The highlight of the somewhat highleightless show was Character Zero. The band really drove it for the distance and Trey raged.

The wook-stack at the hotel had curious bedfellows. The place was packed with fishermen - there was a bass tourney going on, so some were there for the fish while the rest of us were there for the Phish. Continental brekky started at 4am.

That pedal should go back to Mordor, from whence it came.

I haven't heard the show yet, but that pedal has been in constant use all summer.

Trey has just figured out when to use it and how to use it tastefully. It's not the crutch it was last summer (first leg) but it is still used lots.

I like the people I meet at Phish shows now.

When Phish and The Grateful Dead co-existed I much preferred the Dead fans, I guess I thought the Phish kids were immature and kind of selfish in comparison.

I find the average age of people ay any given Phish show is much older than it used to be. The people are more mature and with that has come the realisation that all this shit works better if we are nice to each other. Also I suspect more Dead fans etc eventually switched over and became part of the Phish scene.

Shakedown is much less of a "shakedown", and it seems like there are less people out to rip people off. Sure, the NO2 mafia sucks balls, but I just avoid it. Plus a lot of those mature Phish kids have figured out how to get their hands on personal tanks.

Last night I went for a 4am walk through the hotel looking to meet people. Everyone I talked to was friendly and sociable and I was never wanting for a drink.

I bet if Booche finds his way to an actual real-life Phish lot he'll change his tune.

Why would I burn money on travelling to Phish nowadays?

Because seeing Phish can still be good, you crusty old bastard. Maybe it isn't the same as it used to be, but what really is? It's still better than pretty much most live music going today, save maybe Radiohead, but that's another conversation.

You're telling me you wouldn't consider going back to SPAC for a weekend to see Phish and hit up that BBQ joint? :)