Jambands.ca

**Friends - Respect - Art - Love - Family**

MarcO

Just wanted to take this moment to wish each and every one of you all happiness, peace, respect and love as we head into the holidays. Looking back at 2003, it's been a static year for me personally but if there's anything that puts a smile on my face, it's having had the chance to meet and party with some of the great people on this board. At every turn, each and every one of you that I've had the pleasure of encountering has been kind, funny, generous and a true friend. I think the best time I had all year was the May weekend at Frontier Town. Great people everywhere you turned, great bands to share the time with. This board has not only given me new friends, it's been a bridge for me to share my thoughts and life with old friends on an almost daily basis, be it secondtube, cyberhippie, or my pal hamilton, who joined us from Seoul, South Korea all year (welcome home buddy!) - and can't forget little black dog representing the Yukon! Even the arguments and disagreements have been a pleasure to bear witness to, and occasionally participate in. We are all human, after all (except Paisley and Esau). And, running like a clean, fresh stream through all of it, was the musicians, some famous, some hacks, all of them providing us with the starting points for debate and dialogue. Thanks to all of them for being the glue in our scene, one that both transcends the music and gives back to the music, a beautiful cycle, one we are lucky to share.

Gotta say thanks especially to the Bouchard brothers for creating and maintaining this forum for us all to gather together in. You guys rock! Not intrusive, but there, you know? They keep this ship sailing clean and smooth but aren't afraid of rocky waters every once in a while.

Finally, I'd like to send out a special word of gratitude to Ken from Pepper Jacks, Shane McCartney, Brian Carson, Esau, Tooly and the whole Hamilton jam-crew who made this the place to be in 2003 for great live music in Southern Ontario. Without their efforts and sacrifices, I would have had a lot less fun this year and they really gave it to us good. We got spoiled. Thanks guys!

I'll be on-line for a few more days and then following the lines heading South, but I wanted to take a moment to share these thoughts with all of you so as not to do it in a rush.

Best of the holidays to all of you, your families and loved ones. Be safe and let's get it on in 2004!!! [big Grin][big Grin]

-

Marco, I was having the world's shittiest day and when I finally caught a moment to get to the Sanc your post cheered me up big time. You know, that often happens here. All you great people make not only my shitty days better, but my life is truly enriched by getting to share my thoughts with you and listening to yours and by meeting so many of you kind and wonderful folk. Perhaps this board is a therapy for some of us. It's certainly lead me to a happiness I never thought possible.

To all my friends out there who have touched my heart this year, have a wonderful holiday season filled with all that you desire.

Peace.

happy hoho marco

have fun at phish and remember...NO FLUFFHEAD CHANT!

have a great new years brotherman, i want details when you get back.

edit: my xmas cheer just went up a notch,, my friend myka that moved to bc about 8 months ago is back in ontario and is on her way to my place wooooooooooooohooooooooooo i love seein folks you havent seen in ages around the holidays.

marco, i agree, this board would not be the same without you... i can't even count the number of times i've had to smother giggles while reading your posts at work. have happy holidays & a great new year!

and yes, thanks and a great big giant cheers to the bouche/booche brothers for the best place to hang on the whole damn internet. i've met so many wonderful people from this board, & honestly my days wouldn't be the same without all you crazy people making me laugh. sniff...smile...glow...i'm getting all misty eyed just thinking about it.

merry christmas everybody!

[big Grin]

Merry Christmas MARCO and to all the rest of the skanks to. You know you really said it Marco, this has been a great year! This board was introduced to me in the last year and a half and man its crazy how many new people i have met because of it. You guys all ROCK! MERRY CHRISTMAS

an HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL.

Its crazy how fast we all grow and time flys,it shouldnt take just christmas for us all to be this nice. Its nice to see the love flyin again in here for once. Marco saves the day [smile]

MarcO, that was a great post, thank you!

....I was doing the dishes tonight and was pondering just how entwined this board is in my day. I'm so thankful for that! So thank you all for sharing your adventures, your laughs, your good cheer, and mostly for sharing yourselves.

p.s. marcO...i'll be in phlorida., an i know phunkyb will be ther......if ya want to get a sanctuary thing going!!!

Archived