Jambands.ca

I Hate The Super Bowl

MarcO

Well all in all the party I attended was good...soooo much food i think i am still full!! Got some games of dice in but i think those damn dice were cursed and out to get me!! no winning for me this time around. I hope everyone had a good time.

I managed to see the beginning of the game and the very end. I wish someone would have bet me cuz I would have some money now. I knew the Patriots would win. I went on total conspiracy theory (as i did 2 years ago when they won). I never watch football..don't even totally understand it but I still like to bet. WHat blew my mind is the beginning show. Do they ever love their military and their NASA. In my opinion they never went to the moon and I really don't think they have real Mars shots either. Call me a skeptic or whatever you may. The moon thing was during the cold war and it made them look good and powerful then and that is what they are trying to do with the Mars thing now during this time in which they are attacking so many people. I wonder who is next on their list of countries to destroy??

Anyways....kinda off topic i guess....i was just disgusted by the display. Here's to the all-American football game with the "Patriots" as the winners.........

yay MarcO!!! the stupidbowl took over the airwaves at 2pm yesterday & didn't let up until 10:45. 8 hours & 45 freakin' minutes of american hoo-haa -- that's ridiculous! yeah, it's some big whoppin' whoop-de-doo event for sports fans, but is more than 1/3 of an entire day of programming really necessary?! do even the most rabid football fans really give a rat's ass about pre-pre-pre-events & the post-post-post-re-caps??? gimmie a break!

i'm all for men in tights prancing around, but you sure don't see 8hr. 45 minute ballet-a-thons on global tv! and what's with the fricken 45 minutes thrown on at the end? if they say it will end at 10, it should end at 10... then those of us anxiously awaiting more quality programming (i.e. survivor allstars -- jerri is BACK!!!), would not be forced to subject themselves to football related bullplop & stay up until the wee hours of the morning.

a big boooooo to blah-blah-blah-yakkity-drone-on-helmet-hair-sportscasters!!! any sport that's going to bump new episodes of the simpsons twice is so many weeks is a bad, bad thing.

MarcO, i'm buying you a beer next time i see you.

rant done. [smile]

The Super Bowl was great last night. The best final game I've seen since the Steelers-Cowboys finals of the 70's. It came down to the last play, but unfortunately it was a won on a field-goal. Delhomme took all kinds of chances and they usually paid off. The better team won in the end, but the Pats were not the more exciting and unpredicable team.

The half-time " entertainment " was generally predictable. Janet's breast exposure was totally contrived and choreographed, just like all the other performances at half-time, except Kid Rock - the only act that didn't lip-sync. Steve Tyler wasn't lip-synching at the pre-game performance, but there's no way the rest of Aerosmith was playing live.

As for missing new Simpsons episodes due to the Super Bowl. Considering how wildly inconsistent new Simpsons episodes are, missing one programming week out of the year isn't such a bad thing.

Yeah, it was a damn good second half. I'm nary a sports fan but I thought the game was good, and considering how much prgrammed shite is already on the boob tube I'd say one game out of the year isn't so bad.

Plus we ate ribs, wings and layereed dip so that's not too bad. I think I had nightmares from being so full [smile]

CBS apologizes for breast-baring end to halftime show

CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement in which it also apologized, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance."

-

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

Man who knew this thread was gonna wind up with a closeup of Janet Jackson's nipple!

Well, it was either that or we'd end up discussing Dr. Huxtable's masturbatory habits again...

Aloha,

Brad, Wondering About Next Year's Halftime Show...

quote:

Originally posted by PalacePrincess:

do even the most rabid football fans really give a rat's ass about pre-pre-pre-events & the post-post-post-re-caps???

I watched it all... from 11 AM to around midnight, when Survivor ended... and enjoyed every minute. Best television day of the year. And a killer game too.

I bet you think the Oscar telecast is too long as well. [Razz]

Archived