Jambands.ca

Restaurant Music - HELP!

MamaPink

-frank sinatra

-swing music

-popular classical selections (i.e. portions of the nutcracker suite, moonlight sonata, beethoven's 3rd, etc.)

-ween's loop de loop (hey, even old people need to know their shoes are lookin' cool)

-the beatles, esp. early beatles (old people are getting younger by the minute)

-classic 1950's-1960's songs (i.e. the still of the night, blue moon, that kinda thing)

I like Carol Welsman's music a lot. It's gentle, smooth, and pretty good dinner music; the "Swing, Ladies, Swing" album also has an orchestra on it, and covers standards (e.g., "Cheek To Cheek").

An off-the-wall choice might be some Chet Atkins. I bought my Dad his Picks on the Beatles album a couple of years ago, and it's good; Atkins is a guitar master, but in the "tastefule" vein. Chester & Lester and Guitar Monsters also feature Les Paul.

Erroll Garner might also be good: straight-up jazz piano trio.

Aloha,

Brad

dude thats an easy one: any tunes by these guys;

JAZZ AND BLUES AND BIG BAND;

ella fitzgerald

frank sinatra

BB King

Louie Armstrong

Duke Ellington

Teddy Wilson

Count Basie

Earl Hines

Tommy Dorsey

Stan Kenton

Benny Goodman

Woody Herman

Harry James

etc..............................

OLDIES AND CLASSIC ROCK;

Harry Nilson

The Beatles

ROy Orbison

and anything else your parents listened too.

but stick with Big Band and Jazz....

a real suggestion.... don't laugh, but Rod Stewart has a new album out, (no I am not a closet fan, my mom has the disc) of Rod doing covers of these old tunes of the 20-40s that my grandmother used to listen too... I think that might be a hit!!!

nothing wrong with a little classic blues, chess puts out some pretty good compilation discs...

Frank rocks too!!!

p.s.

I wonder what they will be playing for me when I have blue hair?? haha, can you imagine?? hahahhaha...anywho.

Is there any chance of having some live music? Maybe one night a week, have a keys/bass/drums (or just keys/bass, or just keys) outfit come and play some mellow lounge/standards tunes. In a pinch, I'm sure there are some university/college musicians who'd be up for it.

Aloha,

Brad

Originally posted by bokonon:

carole king, she is like janis joplin lite, she is the diet coke of janis, but hey, even diet coke has caffeine! [Razz]

Sure, except that Carole King has a beautiful voice, and Janis Joplin makes me want to set myself on fire and throw myself off of a ten-story building into a pool filled with razor blades and iodine. Over-rated white-girl pseudo-blues screeching. And a lot of plain bad songs, too.

I think the seniors would prefer the Carole King, too.

Archived