Jambands.ca

Ask "hamilton" a question.

MarcO

Originally posted by MarcO:

Brian - I have found that I am engaged in a never-ending cycle of self-loathing and a lack of confidence that is manifested in various kinds of self-abuse. The other end of the cycle is simply not caring. How do I break out of this cycle and how do I lay the blame on other people so I may continue to shirk my own responsibilities to myself?

Also - wasn't Big Cypress fun?

There seems to be a great deal of focus on the subject of "self-abuse" (aka "thinking about beef") in this thread. Perhaps some sort of self-help group (ha-ha, no pun intended) would be beneficial. I suggest contacting paisley, shainhouse, jon and jared - get together and share your pain (and your pleasure). Talk about the passion - and then blame each other when it all goes wrong.

And yeah, Big Cypress was fun. You played with a glowstick all night long.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

hamilton, I'm disappointed:

I am shamed. The loyal fans have been let down. I must try harder.

So, the "improving my tone and pitch" bit wasn't about humming, eh?

I remember one time, John Popper complained that fans always told him that he was "even better than Neil Young." Pretty funny.

Day Two. You are incredible. This has to be more rewarding than teaching high school kids. Teaching skanks, ha! Where do I sign up?

Again, a three parter:

1)What should I teach in my CPW 4U International Politics class fourth period?

2)What song should I open my secret set in Ottawa with this weekend?

3)Any interest in going to see Stu and Olga next weekend (they live in Mississauga now)?

Originally posted by ahess6488:

This is a two-part question...

1. In technological terms, where will we be 10 years from now? Will the "computer" we know today still exist or will it have been replaced by something else?

2. With Gibson's recent foray into digital guitars, has the bell tolled for analog instruments? In 10 years, what sort of whacky music will we be playing/listening to?

1. First of all, I've never met you before, so I don't know which computer you're speaking of - I didn't know that we knew any computers in common. Is it the one that I used to use in the corner of the lab in the basement of Kenneth Taylor Hall at McMaster? Don't listen to anything that it says - it's been lying since I first met it back in '93.

2. No. Even though the practical part of me would say that "it doesn't matter if your ear can't tell the difference", the artistic and puritan part of me tells me that people will always want to hear the real thing. Hence, albums from Money Mark and the White Stripes.

Okay, look - Law & Order isd on now, and my fingers need a break. I'll be back in an hour or so.

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

Brian - What should I tell my boss today when we have a 'talk' about how my absences are effecting the team? (note I still haven't had any work to do yet today, so I'm not actually sure how I'm holding anyone back...)

Go on the offensive - I mean, c'mon, your dad just passed away. Under unusual circumstances, I might add. Threaten to file a complaint of harrassment. It's not as if you don't have a good reason for being away. And then kick him (or her) in the shins. [Mad][Mad][Mad]

If I were to cook Mr. Musicface, how should he be prepared and served? And can you recommend a nice wine to go with?

Thanks in advance.

First of all, Mr. Musicface should be skewered and roasted over an open flame, regardless of whether you are planning on eating him or not. If you are planning on eating him, I would season him with curry and serve him with peas, carrots, and water chestnuts, with a nice curry sauce.

As far as wine is concerned, there are many fine labels - but why not support a winery close to home - maybe a little bottle of something from Inniskillin ?

Thanks. Sorry, I don't want to take your attention away from Jared but as far as roasting Mr Musicface goes - should I shave him completely before cooking or just burn all the hair off?

Again, thanks in advance. I do think the curry approach is the way to go. Yum yum!

as far as roasting Mr Musicface goes - should I shave him completely before cooking or just burn all the hair off?

That depends on your own sense of adventure. Traditionalists would say shave him, but many new age chefs would say to let it go "au naturel". I recommend shampooing him if you choose to leave it on, though...

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

[qb] First of all, Mr. Musicface should be skewered and roasted over an open flame, regardless of whether you are planning on eating him or not. If you are planning on eating him, I would season him with curry and serve him with peas, carrots, and water chestnuts, with a nice curry sauce.

As far as wine is concerned, there are many fine labels - but why not support a winery close to home - maybe a little bottle of something from
?

For the record, I'm also in agreement with the curried approach, since I do have a Trinidadian background.

As far as wine, I am indeed all about Ontario and being a slightly darker meat, I'd probably go well with an Inniskillin Black Label 2001 Gamay Noir or perhaps a Magnotta 2002 Pinot Noir Special Reserve.

And if you're shaving all my hair off, I'd suggest not making any other plans for the weekend.

- M.

Archived