Jambands.ca

Ask "hamilton" a question.

MarcO

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by jon:

if i am wearing a suit made out of beef and i feel funny in my nether regions, but my pants are too tight to cram my hands into, how long before my beef suit goes off????

Raw beef should always be kept refrigerated or it may "go off" or spoil in approximately 12-14 hours - sooner if the temperature is particularly high. The funny feeling in your nether regions may be maggots crawling out of the rotting beef - I'd check if I were you.

why don't the jambands come to sudbury?

why do people always freak out about the cord being wrapped around the baby's neck, when the baby doesn't even breath yet?

what shows/festivals are in may in the northeastern states/eastern canada, that you would recommend i go to on my road trip?

p.s. it is really hard to find jobs in nelson.... good luck.... i think i remember the job fair being in oct.

Originally posted by Super Freak:

In Buffalo,1992, Rich Stadium lot, what was written on the card I carried around all day?

Hint: It was a large card I carried over my head.

I'm going to guess that it was one of two things:

1."I Need A Miracle!"

2."Who the fuck are the Grateful Dead? I'm here to see Steve Miller!"

I seem to remember that the lot was very fun that day... drinkin' in the sun... and then listenin' to Jerry play all night.

What should I give to my aunt and uncle for letting me store almost all of my possesions in their garage?.....he is a guitar playing music loving alcholic and she is a sweet lady (I don't really know what interests her)......my stuff will be there for 2 or 3 months.

How do I go about getting many young strapping lads to come over and move all of my possesions into my uncles garage......?

The other advice columnists answered beer for both questions.Is beer all people really want when it comes to moving?

what are the chances that the Canadian people will be convinced to re-elect the Liberals considering how much of a idiot paul Martin has made himself into?

I'd love to have you assure me that we are not that stupid- but I'd say politics look fucked on both sides of the border!

what is your gauge of the nation Hamilton?

absolutley my fav thread of recent date- thanks for something worth reading!

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

Which one of these great Hamilton bands did my old roommate Stu play drums for?

a) Simply Saucer

B) The Forgotten Rebels

c) Dik Van Dykes

d) Teenage Head

e) King Biscuit Boy

f) The Kings

Oh, shit.... how about I pick which two he definitely didn't drum for? Becuase he definitely didn't drum for the Forgotten Rebels or Teenage Head.

I'm going to guess the Dik Van Dykes. Either that, or you're fucking with my head, and he played for Burlington band The Spoons. Or, you're fucking with my head and you've never had a roommate named Stu. Or, you're fucking with my head, because you're not Jaimoe, but some replicant who's trying to fool us all... or you're really basher, posting under Jaimoe's name.

quote:

Originally posted by Super Freak:

Bomb the boats,

feed the fish.

Bomb the boats,

feed the fish.

Bomb the boats,

feed the fish.

Bomb the boats and feed their fucking flesh to the fish.

I got many bruises moshin' to that tune back in the day.

Forgotten Rebels Rule!!!

Mickey DeSadist, the Forgotten Rebels singer, is releasing a solo album this Friday at the Underground in Hamilton

if you're a Rebels fan you should probably keep your eye out for it (big Rebels fan here as well)

Originally posted by Groove Fetish:

what are the chances that the Canadian people will be convinced to re-elect the Liberals considering how much of a idiot paul Martin has made himself into?

I'd love to have you assure me that we are not that stupid- but I'd say politics look fucked on both sides of the border!

what is your gauge of the nation Hamilton?

absolutley my fav thread of recent date- thanks for something worth reading!

Of course they will.

The Bloc ain't gonna win.

The Marijuana Party ain't gonna win.

The Green Party ain't gonna win.

The Christian Heritage Party? Don't make me laugh.

Very few people east of Manitoba will vote for the Conservatives, and probably no one in Quebec will - and if you can't get votes in Ontario and Quebec, you're toast.

I'd like to say that the NDP could do it, but I don't smoke enough dope to believe it myself. It would be nice if they formed the Opposition, though - or a partner in a minority coalition.

So, who does that leave? The Liberals. So, like it or not, I'm sure that we will have Mr. Martin with us for a few more years. I'd love to see a change, but until there's another party with national credibility, the Liberals can do anything and still get re-elected.

Please, someone bring back the Rhino Party!!! Now that was a party I could vote for...

Dear Steve & Theresa,

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby boat. I'm glad to hear that the new boat is healthy, and has the correct number of oars and life jackets. I can't believe how much it looks like Theresa - although, I can see how it resembles you too, Steve - especially around the engine. You both must be so proud.

"Bud Prophet" may be appropriate, but maybe it's a little, ummm.... obvious?

You should call it "The Minnow II", and then take it for three-and-a-half hour cruises.

Originally posted by bradm:

When "drumming" your fingers on a table, why is it so much easier/smoother to drum starting on the little finger towards the index finger than the other way 'round?

Actually, I disagree. I'm doing it right now (well, okay - not right now, obviously I'm busy typing), and I find it very awkward to start with my pinkie; I have to start with the index finger.

Just out of curiousity, are you left-handed? Or just weird?

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

Originally posted by bradm:

When "drumming" your fingers on a table, why is it so much easier/smoother to drum starting on the little finger towards the index finger than the other way 'round?

Actually, I disagree. I'm doing it right now (well, okay - not
right
now, obviously I'm busy typing), and I find it very awkward to start with my pinkie; I have to start with the index finger.

Just out of curiousity, are you left-handed? Or just weird?

No, I'm right-handed. In fact, my drumming "affinity" (little finger towards index finger) is the same for both hands (although I'm better at it with my right than my left). This came to mind because, while jamming last Friday, I started to do a four-fret (chromatic) "trill" using pull-offs, but could only do it descending in pitch (because of how the left hand is oriented on the neck). If I had to do a similar thing but ascending in pitch, it wouldn't work at all.

I will hereby not disagree with any statements of my weirdness.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived