Jambands.ca

Ask "hamilton" a question.

MarcO

Originally posted by insta-gator:

any chance me finding some L at jsb tonight?

There's always a chance, dude. It could be anywhere - check your back pocket, just in case. And your spring jacket, too - y'know when you take it out in April, and find $20 in there from last spring? Well, sometimes you find more than just money...

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by jared:

where can i find instructions to make thc exctraxt with vodka or olive oil

I think 'hamilton' would say:

If your using bud, aim for about 1/2 gram per shot of booze. Add the bud to the vodka (or something higher proof) and let sit in a dark area for at least a month. Then strain and serve.

If your using shake, just put a bunch in a glass wine jug, add a bunch of hooch and see how it goes.

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

Originally posted by insta-gator:

any chance me finding some L at jsb tonight?

There's always a chance, dude. It
could
be anywhere - check your back pocket, just in case. And your spring jacket, too - y'know when you take it out in April, and find $20 in there from last spring? Well, sometimes you find more than just money...

thats not the answer i was looking for miss cleo! [Mad][Mad]

quote:

I remember one time, John Popper complained that fans always told him that he was "even better than Neil Young." Pretty funny.

Heh, good one! That almost makes up for it. [Wink]

To be fair, this was meant to be a stumper. Overblowing and overdrawing are diatonic harmonica techniques that allow you archive notes not otherwise possible using standard techniques, including "regular" blues-style bending. There are very few players who can do this well, in fact I don't even think Popper does it regularly. Howard Levy (ex-Flecktones harp player) is the master of this. I took a lesson with Carlos Del Junco, who studied for a while with Levy - you want to talk about being humbled?!? One hour with that guy and I felt like I'd just learned to play harmonica earlier that day! [Eek!] But at the same time it was inspirational, and caused me to work more on certain aspects of my technique - but gawd I've got a lot to learn (which I suppose is true about many, many things...)

Anyway sorry for the diversion, back to the Q & A.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Originally posted by scottieking:

1)What should I teach in my CPW 4U International Politics class fourth period?

2)What song should I open my secret set in Ottawa with this weekend?

3)Any interest in going to see Stu and Olga next weekend (they live in Mississauga now)?

1. Confuse the hell out of them all by teaching a class on the proper methods of cooking a lobster. If anyone questions you, justify yourself by mumbling about the East Coast lobster industry being a bone of contention between Canada and the US. Speak as though the lobster were doing all the talking. Mention the 200-mile territorial boundary a lot.

2. I know all of the Ottawa heads are secretly wishing that you would open with "Itsy-Bitsy Teenie-Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini." On the harpsichord.

3. Next weekend is very far away. E-mail me closer to the weekend, and I'll let you know if I have any plans. I would love to see Stu and Olga, but I'm honestly not sure right now if I already have plans or not.

quote:

2. I know all of the Ottawa heads are secretly wishing that you would open with "Itsy-Bitsy Teenie-Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini." On the harpsichord.

Well, except for the contingent (no names) that's wishing he opened wearing an itsy-bitsy teenie-weenie* yellow polka-dot bikini... [Eek!]

Aloha,

Brad

* No slight to any actual weenies is intended here...

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

Since Scottie apparently just told anyone reading this public bulletin board about his "secret set in Ottawa" this weekend, is it still correct for him to call it a "secret set"? [Razz]

He doesn't realize that not everyone forgets things as quickly as he does. I mean, we're talking about a guy who wants to see "The Passion" because he's eager to find out "how it all ends."

Originally posted by dazed:

what kind of job do you want?

Will any do?

why is this thread entertaining me and stopping me from doing work?

How do i get rid of a case of the stupids from last night.

whose coat did i come gome form the bar with and where are my keys?

that was a shit load of questions for you

1. & 2. Just about! I'm a certified teacher who doesn't really want to teach. I spent five years in retail, eight or nine in a warehouse, and three teaching - two here in Ontario and one in Korea. I've got a B.A. and a B.Ed. Physical work is okay, as long as the money is decent.

3. I dunno. Work must be really boring.

4. You can return a case of the stupids to the stupid store. They will give you a refund of five cents in Canadian Tire money per stupid.

5. I do not understand the statement, "whose coat did I come gome form the bar with."

6. The Keys are in Florida.

quote:

how can i make a girl that is inlove with another guy fall in love with me?

Stalking usually works well, followed by threatening letters, late night phone calls, and - the cherry on top of the sundae - at least one suicide threat. Be sure to state that you "can't live without" your victim repeatedly.

this approach does not work, hamilton, i am sorry, but you got one wrong.

Originally posted by bokonon:

why are we in front of computers at nearly midnight on a friday night instead of out having fun?

I'm in front of a computer at 12:50AM on a Friday night (or Saturday morning, if you will) because I had my weekend pass revoked for stabbing my cellmate with a butter knife.

quote:

I'm in front of a computer at 12:50AM on a Friday night (or Saturday morning, if you will) because I had my weekend pass revoked for stabbing my cellmate with a butter knife.

Wow, nice work hamilton - how'd you sneak a butter knife back to your cell anyway?

(FYI I'm currenly making a rope out of loose prison shirt threads and scabs, I'm hoping to be able to swing down from a window in about 3 or 4 years, and then run to freedom, sweet sweet FREEDOM!)

- M.

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

Wow, nice work hamilton - how'd you sneak a butter knife back to your cell anyway?

That's funny, because originally, my post continued, "...that I spirited away from the mess hall by concealing it in my rectum," but then I thought that maybe that was takingh things a bit too far. Glad you asked, though.

Archived