Jambands.ca

Ask "hamilton" a question.

MarcO

Originally posted by number 2:

a)who invented the stationary bike and why?

b)how do you get personalized avatars??? (sorry I am stupid)

a)The stationery bike was invented by someone who wanted to write on a bicycle. The stationary bike was invented by someone who wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere... ever.

b)In order to have a personalized avatar, the image that you want must be hosted somewhere on the web, not on your hard drive. Paste the url into the little avatar box in your profile. Voila!

c)Can't help with the "stupid" thing... sorry. [Wink]

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by bradm:

No, I'm right-handed. In fact, my drumming "affinity" (little finger towards index finger) is the same for both hands (although I'm better at it with my right than my left). This came to mind because, while jamming last Friday, I started to do a four-fret (chromatic) "trill" using pull-offs, but could only do it descending in pitch (because of how the left hand is oriented on the neck). If I had to do a similar thing but ascending in pitch, it wouldn't work at all.

It would work in ascending pitch if you moved your left hand over the top of the neck, but I don't suppose that's very efficient...

Originally posted by MamaRed:

What should I give to my aunt and uncle for letting me store almost all of my possesions in their garage?.....he is a guitar playing music loving alcholic and she is a sweet lady (I don't really know what interests her)......my stuff will be there for 2 or 3 months.

How do I go about getting many young strapping lads to come over and move all of my possesions into my uncles garage......?

The other advice columnists answered beer for both questions.Is beer all people really want when it comes to moving?

Alcohol is all anyone ever wants for anything, be it moving or otherwise. Pizza would probably help with the "strapping young lads" bit. So would a stripper, I bet.

If your uncle loves music, get him a gift certificate to your local music store. Or guitar shop. Maybe your aunt would like a gift certificate for a massage, or a facial, or a pedicure. Or tickets to Puppetry of the Penis. I dunno.

Originally posted by LittlemissPink:

Dear Hamilton,

I have recently been told that I am the spawn of the devil. At first, I thought these were just harsh words meant to hurt me. However, it was my mother who said this, so I figured she would know better than anyone who she screwed during the eighties. I thought maybe you would know the truth. If I am the Devil's spawn do I get a cool nickname and a costume? Will the devil

have to pay child support retroactively?

Awwwwww... shit.

I always knew that this day would come sooner or later. Eventually, the past catches up with you.

Okay Miranda, it's true - I'm your daddy. It was just a one-night stand, because hey - I'm the devil, I don't do relationships. I also don't do child support: same reason. I am, however, proud to call such a twisted little mind as yours one of my offspring.

You already have a nickname (LittlemissPink), but it's not particularly devilish, is it? We'll have to work on that one. How do you like "Beelzebabe?"

As for the costume, do you remember Michelle Pfeiffer's costume in whichever Batman movie it was that she played Catwoman (I know every male viewer hasn't forgotten it!)? You now have to wear that costume every day, only in red.

Hope this helps.

(PS - have you seen the dude wandering around downtown Kitchener dressed up as a giant red maple leaf, strumming a guitar and advertising the tax service place? That must be punishment for something.)

Dear Father

Wow, what an exciting day this is... it's all finally coming together!

I do understand, that being the devil you don't do the child support thing... but I was wondering if maybe sometime we could get together and you could teach me how to ride a bike?

As for the catwoman outfit... i don't mind wearing it every now and again but I simply can not wear it ALL the time. The material doesn't breath, and sometimes cuts off my circulation. Sorry if I'm a huge disappointment dad.

And yes, I HAVE seen that dude in the maple leaf costume. How did you know about that guy? Seriously, that's kinda spooky.

Sincerely,

Your Daughter

Beelzebabe

My dear cherished Beelzebabe,

I supopose I can relax the rules regarding the Catwoman outfit. As long as you're wearing it in my presence, you can wear what you like when I'm not around.

And I would like to teach you to ride a bike, but that's not acceptable for one of my progeny - I'll teach you to ride a broomstick instead. A little more appropriate under the circumstances, non?

I saw the maple leaf guitar dude because I was in downtown Kitchener today for a job interview. You said that your office faced right out onto the street, so I walked up and down several streets peering for extended time periods into every office window at street level, but didn't see you. I did manage to scare the bejesus out of a few suits, though. Had I been able to find you, you would have had your first broomstick lesson today.

See it all makes sense because I was wearing my new cashmere suit, and a little old lady on the street said, "My, you're a handsome devil."

Regards,

Daddy.

Dear Hamilton,

I have recently been told that I am the spawn of the devil. At first, I thought these were just harsh words meant to hurt me. However, it was my mother who said this, so I figured she would know better than anyone who she screwed during the eighties. I thought maybe you would know the truth. If I am the Devil's spawn do I get a cool nickname and a costume? Will the devil

have to pay child support retroactively?

Originally posted by ¿questcequecest?:

can Beezlebabe come out and play?

Sorry , she's busy raising hell right now - she takes after her father, the dear. She might be free later on, though - but she's got a boat cruise on the River Styx tomorrow, so don't you keep her out too late!

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

Why do some people get the pee shivers?

I'm going to guess that their pee is really cold. Try taking a couple belts of brandy just before you go. It may not fix the problem, but at least you'll have a little buzz when you're finished.

Originally posted by Vixen:

Hamilton, how are you?

At the moment I'm fine, thanks very much for asking. My head is a litle fuzzy from not getting enough sleep, but coffee and weed should help that particular problem. Well, okay - the coffee should help, at least.

Archived