Jambands.ca

Best Phish Cover Ever...

Siloet

When it rains it pours. I am in Chiang Mai right now and I have been hanging out at a place owned by a canuck. I was helping him with his comuter and guess what song I downlaoded to listen to last night....Roses are Free of course.

Also last night I was jamming at an Irish Pub here and the guitarist busted out Rock 'n' Roll. Probably my second favourite cover.

Third (cause I might as well make a list, I am not on here often enough these days) would have to be Boogie On....natch

I'd say Phish pretty much owns "Loving Cup" now. I never really seem to get sick of it.

Somewhere in that weird world out there I picked up the notion that recently the guys from Ween specifically asked Phish *not* to perform "Roses Are Free" any more, and the band has respectfully agreed to that. Not sure if that's apocryphal or not but Phish haven't played it since they returned from "hiatus". [Confused]

I'll go with you, Secondtube on the placement of "After Midnight" for sure (I had left my friends and waited in the blazing sun at the gate for 2 hrs. before they let us in to the concert area...ended up about 10 rows back for that killer afternoon set...a guy beside me was passing me opium....mmmmm, Runaway Jim, Funky Bitch) but the version of When the Circus comes to Town from Big Cypress for some reason kills me more than any other Phish cover. The chord progressions through the guitar solo compliment Trey's style(i.e., the big biting high note bends) so well....

P.S. I like the original Loving Cup better....

Guest Low Roller

Cities, Roses, Loving Cup, Boogie On, etc... They are all killer. Love those songs every single time.

But since I always pick a dark horse, my vote would be Phish's version of Rhinoceros by the Smashing Pumpkins.

Archived