Jambands.ca

Nero's Eve... where to begin??

guigsy

i really dont know where to begin.

maybe someone else can take it from here.

i've tried to start it too many times but i keep just end up breaking down and having to start over.

if i could just wrap you all up in how im feeling right now you'd have a better understanding of what i'd really like to say... believe me, you'd love it, its beautiful and full of nothing but love for a great many people and a few in particular.

i could start the name dropping and keep this paragraph going until 2006, but i'll just say a BIG THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU to all who made nero's eve what it was.. and if i didnt tell you what you meant to me in the last 36 hours, well, you'll hear it from me one day, im sure.

now, im going to have a shower and a good cry... i could use them both.

all the best for 2005, all.

guigsy.

best.newyears.ever.

ps: operation overdoit definitely got done.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear you guys made it back alright, scottie. another successful mission by Team Scott. i'll tell ya about the train ride another time... ::

Operation Count Inventory At Work Early On Sunday Morning is in full swing... this mission is not nearly as fun.

if i could just wrap you all up in how im feeling right now you'd have a better understanding of what i'd really like to say... believe me, you'd love it, its beautiful and full of nothing but love for a great many people and a few in particular.

I think you could speak for many of us when you say those words!

All i'm going to say at this point is it was a great night!!

Thank you Nero for everything!!

With Love Sunshine and Jordan [color:"purple"]

The night was so fantasic, start to finish. Driven by pure energy and emotion, both band and crowd were surging, driving, straight from song one. My overwhelming thought all night was GRANDSLAM.

Dave.jpg

I

Whispy

Downside

Johnny Joe>

Basheeba

Holetown Charlie

Peaches

Solid start. LOVE the Johnny Joe, had never heard that one but thick and juicy.

Punk.jpg

II

Zedonk>

Auld Lang>

Zedonk

Year of...

Black Betty*>

Voodoo Lady*>

Bolero*>

Voodoo Lady*

401>

Centragnome>

RLH>

Centragnome>

Dr. Who>

AHAHAHAHAHHHHHH! Mind boggling. Ween so fun. Monster 401 with the first Dr. Who I've heard since my first Whipping Post Bootleg. * with Velvet

III

Breakline

CMM>

Miko

Darius

Lemondust>

St. Thomas>

Lemondust

Sgt. Peppers

e: Condor>

Steppin' Out>

Condor

The last setlist was an emotional rollercoaster and executed with, without hyperbole, unprecedented energy and build. Dance like it's your last and pray that it wouldn't be.

Band.jpg

Thanks go to all the Ottawa crew who, as usual extended nothing but hospitality to me. Thanks especially to all the hosts of all the get-together's I attended.

Thanks to the Nero extended fans and family who hugged and shared and made this more than just a New Year's party.

And to the band, from a dusty afternoon set in Durham, across the province and back, with a dozen good times in between, Jay, Dave, Shane, Chris, Todd, your music will always stay with me but our friendships will be your greatest legacy. See you soon.

Love Scottieking

Well i gotta say that I had a great New Years with great friends but there was still a little emptiness in not being able to say good bye to you guys for the time being ( hopefully)... Nero has brought so much joy and happiness into my life and others around me... thank you for all the great times... the many 401 theme dedications and your general kindness and generosity...

some of the most important moments in 2004 and 2005 happened between december 31st and january 1st.

Thank you to everyone that was kind enough to chat me up and made the time yours and everybody else's.

thanks to those that made sure the night was done with style and finesse. we all know it wasn't just another new year's eve party.

Amazing time,wow.Emotional to say the least at times thats for sure.

Not sure what to say about it all right now other then thanks to nero for the great music and for being a important key piece in me meeting so many (wow) unbelievable people that I cannot imagine not being in my life now,not somthing that comes along everyday.You all are great folks,aside from great muscians.Thank you again.

Many thanks to the 40 main crew for hosting my ([color:"purple"]somtimes) drunken self and others for a few days.Great way to see out a bad year,great people,amazing time.I really look forward to seeing ya'll again and having round two...but,I'll get myself a hotel room for when ya'll crash so I don't keep you awake... :: Thanks guys.

Not sure if she stops by here or not,so in case she doesn't could someone pass this along to her for me;

Big hug & thanks to the new years elf for the gift & moments of sanity during the whirlwind chaos of a four day party,sorry I missed seeing ya off this morning.Keep smilin because yours is amazing and can warm a room.

So many folks I met for the first time in person over the last few days my head is still spinning,shame we had to meet at a the last nero show,but hey it is a great excuse now to make sure we keep in touch,plan road trips.

Enough writing for now,been over 30 minutes since I attempted to begin this post.I'll try to add more later...

Happy new year folks,make it a safe & happy one & thanks to all the folks in my life who made mine bareable and for always lighting that tunnel I somtimes couldn't see the end of.

Take care

Wow, thanks for posting pictures guys and gals. It's very hard to look at them without the ol' eyes welling up. It was such an emotional night. Dave said that everything good in his life is because of nero, and I know so many people who feel the same way, I sure do. I will miss the fantastic music, the amazing energy, the fun parties and the whole event that was nero.

Thanks to Pat for having us over pre-show and thanks to Hux for my great new T-shirt.

From the very first note, the room was dancing and smiling. I can't believe how quickly the show went by. All that music was over in a flash so fast it barely feels like I was there.

Thanks to 40 Main for a great after-party. I know it's been a while since I was last there, I hope it won't be so long again. To whomever decorated - GREAT JOB!!!!

After picking my Bouchey up off the ground for the third time, we decided to leave as the sun was coming up and we walked along the canal towards the Market. It was a beautiful way to say hello to the new year.

The whole night couldn't have been any better.

Black Betty*>

Voodoo Lady*>

*gasp*

you bitches.

::

can i get a hatt damn!!!

sounds (and looks!) like one helluva night... geez, i'm almost jealous i wasn't there, and i had just about the best new year's ever. :D nice to see so many out of towners in those pics! talk about well worth the trek. it really looks like it was an incredible experience, and i'm truly happy for anyone who got to partake in the festivities. okay dammit, i am slightly jealous too. ::

a big giant frothy overflowing cheers to you, nero! can't wait to see what's next from each of you

over the past few years, these boys have learned how to LIVE, PP...whether it's music, friendships, careers, or families, everything these boys touch and put their lives towards will turn to gold.

i'm looking forward it it too. heck, I'm looking forward to following their lead. It's going to be an awesome year!

Black Betty*>

Voodoo Lady*>

*gasp*

you bitches.

::

can i get a hatt damn!!!

sounds (and looks!) like one helluva night... geez, i'm almost jealous i wasn't there, and i had just about the best new year's ever. :D

PP you should be jealous ;), cuz it was UNREAL!!!!!!!! :: :: ::

Reading all of these post is killing me!!

Nero, you guys were awsome, thank you so much for New years and all the other great things you've shared with us, music, friendships, and great people.

I love you. :)