Jambands.ca

you're favorite jamband right now and why.

I take the GD as my yardstick for any band I go see or am otherwise exposed to. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

As for more local/still extant bands, my short list would have to include Diesel Dog, the Fat Cats, Stephen Franke and NFTT, Caution Jam, and a bunch of others I'm only starting to really discover (like BNB, e.g.). I have to confess to never having seen Phish, but wouldn't throw up any obstacles to seeing any of the formers members if they're within a stone's throw.

I love moe. I would take it in the ass from every member of the band then suck my sh!t off their cocks. I would rape a goat, eat out a cat and fellate a dog just to smell their sacks.

fuÇk I love moe.

Oh dude......yeeeesh

I've heard that band......woah dude.......

Nothing comes close to the Dead for me. Like Edger said it is pretty much impossible to put it into words in a way that would capture the whole thing. Good thing for most on this board I don't have to.

Next favorite, Canadian or otherwise, is Fatcats. I think part of it is that of the jambands I've seen they are the closest to the "Dead's style" than any thing I've heard. I don''t mean this in "rip off" kind of way because they their own unique groove. I'm not a musican but to my ears Todd approaches jams the way Jerry did. Lots of scales and movement from quiet to a cresendo and back etc. Add to this a vast repetoire of really well written songs. Unlike many other jambands they have a substanial mix of ballads with sweet vocals to make it work. As muscians they're all top notch. Todd's ability goes with out saying however Chris is a brilliant rythym player(and song writer) who lays down a lot of the grooves that make you move, Dave ........ Ok I'm going to give it up, explaining music is way to hard. Just my 2 cents

I gotta go with my hometown heroes, i love Jomomma. They have had so many changes throughout their lifespan but the configuration they have now blows me away. They're tight and talented. They play their classics with a new heavier twist that I absolutely adore. They've filled the holes created by losing multiple pieces of the band and it now sounds way better than it ever did. I could dance to Jomomma twelve hours solid i bet. Their sound is laid-back intellectualism expressed through musical scales.

This might be a little incoherent and rambling since I didn't get home from the Chameleon Project show until six am. I'm starting to develop a penchant for their sound too. Another band that I could dance to for hours on end. They're really giving me an appreciation for mass amounts of effects.

you're favourite obvious grammar / spelling mistake in the title of a thread right now and why.

hehe.

i'm not really listening to 'jambands' anymore, but if i had to pick a good one to fill up some room in this thread i'd say umphrey's when they're not singing.

ad

It's impossible for me to pick a "favorite" jamband. I've never heard a bad one. It's the genre that never fails, the gift that keeps on giving.

I think in the end what moves me the most about it are the songs. Everyday is like Christmas when you're a jamband fan.

It's a close one for me between the Dead and the Allman's. Allman's with Duane is a totally different level campared to what they are doing now. I always have a hard time deciding between the two. I guess the big differnce is the Allman's could continue on without Duane but the dead couldn't live without Jerry.

Both grandad's of jam music and they sure can make you dance.

Oh BABY can they make ya dance....