Jambands.ca

OTTAWA BLUESFEST!!

bouche

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet write up... serious talent... Lucky!

Kelly Joe Phelps way solid... Bonnie Raitt I think is the golden show... Ani... Broken Social Scene... Rickie Lee Jones... Be Good Tanyas... Metric... Dickie Betts... (phew)

not so mentioned, but don't miss Brazilian Girls... Great Lake Swimmers... Hamell On Trial... Cadence Weapon... and and

roll your dice (too dizzy to type witty)... win win win win, Lucky!

Edited by Guest
and what Velvet said!

I have got to be honest. I don't know how I screwed up the title to this post! (for those that missed it, it was 2 !! ) I must have been excited.

Velvet has poked his keyboard in such a way that I really don't feel like missing one damn day at the fest this year. If there was a guide like this every year (I hope we can do this every year), I would likely take more time off for bluesfest.

THANKS VELVET! I think you're going to help fix the ratio between Lawnchair people and Music Fans!

• 2 weeks later...

If you all want a good laugh and good dark, sarcastic type humour, Hammell On Trial will do you just fine. I saw him open up for the Ominous Seapods in '99 and he is very intense. He pokes fun at everyone, but at that show, John Popper was his victim, saying that he kept Heath bars in his hunting vest instead of harmonicas....

geez....we were there this afternoon and were wondering the same thing. Last year, it was all up on laurier for thursday afternoon. I'll assume they're up all night.

There's a big sign outside saying that Laurier is closed so I assume they are working all night too.

Great Big Sea is having an afterparty at that Keith's-plastered bar in the market, can't remember the name. VIPS will include a bunch of the Ottawa Senators and probably MPs from the maritimes.

All in all I'd say it sounds like a pretty lame duck party!