Jambands.ca

WOWZERS!: BURT NEILSON BAND: 10 Year Anniversary Show!

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Basher,

I think the teaser post worked well for this one, but you are probably right, that it's hard out do people's expectations with teasers like this... however I'm overwhelmed by the support we've gotten so far!

I'm sorry that you are in a bad mood lately, I've felt some gloom on and off, and I think that a part it's a natural flow of the universe... some times you just have to see the bright side of life....lala lalalalalala

The press release refers to a "last waltz" type show. That made me feel like they were breaking up or something.

Ya me too. 10 year anniversary then see ya never.

If it is a "last waltz" type show, can I get a pass for the room with all the noses glued to the wall and all the snot on the table?

That'd be great, thanks!!!

I just needed to add my two cents to the thread...

Although we are throwing together a show that features many, many guests it is most definately not our "last waltz".

We will continue to play as long as our bodies allow us to play with the energy that we like to give into each and every show.

This is merely an opportunity for us to share our party with you. It has been a long, long journey full of some extreme ups and downs, and many of you from this board have been a part of it.

10 years in my opinion is a long time to stick it out as a Band, the average band does not accomplish this feat...hell the average marriage doesn't survive that long.

I want to also thank JayDawg for the energy and time that he is putting forth for this show. All of us involved want this experiennce to be amazing for everyone.

We are working hard (for once!) here at BNB headquaters to make this a quality event.

So let's have us an old fashioned party this november...and we will revisit this thread when we are preparing for our 20th anniversary..

Cheers

Mike

We are working hard (for once!) here at BNB headquaters to make this a quality event.

I imagine BNB headqaurters as looking something like the headquarters from Ghostbusters!

ghostbustershq1nt.png

We've got a secretary with a nasal voice, and we sit around upstairs... the place is a mess... old takeout containers everywhere... Mike's got a pencil behind his ear, Gavin's got one of those Calculators with the roll of paper - and there's a 10.. no.. 20 foot roll coiming out of it... and he's wesaring a visor..... Jeremy's at a blackboard drawing diagrams of jams and pinning up van schematics, and I'm cutting wood and hammering things together.

Oh well.

Seeming as we have a NYE gig booked already, this ain't the last gig. I would've just left it out there though. :P

I'm really excited about this... big room, big sound... lots of friends.... I'm gonna be counting the days.

So excited!! It was hard to keep this one on the downlow that's for sure!

Congratulations on your perseverance. I thank you guys for countless good memories, and shakers. Some of my more memorable BNB experiences involve the old la luna, a hungarian community centre, new years 2000, the red dog in peterborough, and many come together festivals. It's always good to run into you guys, and I hope that you keep at it for another ten years!

I speculate the night is going to have a real family feel to it. Not many people can pull that off in a venue the size of the opera house. You guys are rich in many ways!!

Cheers!

Gozer: [Evil voice] Are you a God?

Jeremy: [Mike nods] No.

Gozer: Then... DIE!

[Electrocutes BNB; pushing them to the edge of the apartment building; people screaming]

Jeff: Jeremy, when someone asks if you're a God, you say "Yes"!

Mike: All right! This chick is TOAST!

[the band walks toward Gozer] Grab your instruments.

Jeff, Jeremy and Gavin: HOLDING!

Mike: Heat 'um up!

Jeff, Jeremy and Gavin: SMOKING!

Mike: [Gozer growls] Make 'um heard!

Jeff, Jeremy and Gavin: READY!

Mike: Let's show this prehistoric wookie bitch how we do it downtown. THROW IT!

Jeff: Across the country in the winter, across the highway on our way home..........

Edited by Guest
I originally meant Jeff, not Jeremy.

Last night was a blast! But I'm totally hoping for a Ghostbusters Tease, or the whole thing... maybe even dipping into some of the stuff Bobby Brown did for the GB2 soundtrack! With the Ghostbuster tease in this thread (my all time favourite movie), I believe it is fate.

Great to meet so many old and new Skanc's last night! 5 Weeks until the next one!

• 2 weeks later...