Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest 2012 - Electrofied

bouche

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Festival d'été de Québec is a festival that seems to be getting bigger and better; it takes place at the same time as Bluesfest, July 5th to 15th. I was just checking out their programming and they have some acts who should really play Bluesfest and would make it better, such as Patrick Watson, Grimskunk, The Offspring, The Barr Brothers (I know they are playing the Ottawa Jazz Festival), Sarah McLachlan, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi. Those bands would do well at Bluesfest huh?

Go Sens Go.

The Quebec Festival can keep The Offspring, Aerosmith, Sarah Mclachlan and Bon Jovi. They'd do well at Bluesfest but they certainly wouldn't bring me or the majority of music fans I know to the festival.

(But yes, plenty of acts out there that Bluesfest could have brought in but didn't work out for whatever reason).

FESTIVAL PASS

The Festival Pass comes in two parts, one flashing pass plus one Bell wristband containing an RFID chip. It lets you attend all the shows for the 11 days of the event.

150,000 passes on sale. How to get yours:

Advance sale FINISHED

Thanks !!!

SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 2012 AT NOON - Online and phone sales

www.infofestival.com

By phone (Box Office Opening Hour):

- Quebec City area and international (outside North America): 418-800-FEIQ (3347)

- Canada and US (toll-free): 1-855-800-FEIQ (3347)

Price: $66 (taxes and service included, plus shipping)

Limit: 4 passes per person

65,000 passes available.

- Visa Desjardins Bonidollars: by phone 1 877 BILLETS (1-877-245-5387)

THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2012 - On sale in greater Quebec City area Metro supermarkets

Price: $65 (taxes and service included)

Limit: 4 passes per person

List of Metro supermarkets

25,000 passes available

I'm doing some comparison shopping if anyone's interested.

4 Day Multi-Pack (4,7,12,14): $189 + $3 delivery charge + $15 package order charge = $207

Full Passport: $250 + $11 fee(s) + $2 RFID fee(s) + $3 delivery charge + $3.50 order charge = $269.50

First of all, the fee detailing is ridiculous. What is a package order charge? Why doesn't the 4-pack have an RFID fee? What is an order charge and how is it different from a package order charge? As if the fees aren't maddening enough on their own without the randomness of it all.

Anyway, looking at those numbers... it's about $60 more for 12 days vs. 4. As much as I didn't think I was going to buy a pass I'm thinking about it now. Of course that also includes more $$ in food and drink and torture on the body but maybe I'd miss that.

Worth considering anyway.

Yeah we did the math as well, sorry Bluesfest but $207 isn't remotely worth 4 days (I was hoping the savings would be more) in which I'm interested in about 7 acts that I'd probably pay $20-25 max for to see in a club. Then again I don't feel $270 is worth 12 days of that line-up let alone the 400 bones the pass is going to cost now.

C'est la vie, we've got our rooms booked at the Sheraton in Montreal for Osheaga. Hopefully we'll see some of you there. Enjoy the Bluesfest for those that committed.

• 1 month later...

Bad Religion was just announced for Ottawa Bluesfest on July 11th.

Backgrounder: L.A. punk rock band, BAD RELIGION, is considered one of the most successful independent punk acts ever, selling over 5 million albums worldwide and charting two singles on the Mainstream Rock charts and seven singles in the Top 40 of the Alternative Songs charts. Along with the lead vocals of band-founder Greg Graffin, Bad Religion's signature three-part harmonies – or their "oozin' aahs” – accompany sophisticated and intellectual lyrics. The band has enjoyed immense international success with three charting singles in the U.K., while "21st Century (Digital Boy)" and "Punk Rock Song" charted in Sweden in 1995 and 1996, respectively. "Punk Rock Song" also charted in Finland and Germany.

So it looks like Bluesfest quietly dropped the cashless payment system completely. I registered my wrist band last night and could not find any way to add e-funds. Then found a note on their web site saying it was abandoned and to bring cash.

Oh well, would have been cool to try as a pilot project. They should have gone with that angle from the beginning.

Anyway, who's excited about Bluesfest?

So it looks like Bluesfest quietly dropped the cashless payment system completely. I registered my wrist band last night and could not find any way to add e-funds. Then found a note on their web site saying it was abandoned and to bring cash.

Oh well, would have been cool to try as a pilot project. They should have gone with that angle from the beginning.

Anyway, who's excited about Bluesfest?

simply.... wow. cashless sounded appealing to me.