Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 11-28-2002

Mr. Musicface

Okay, admittedly this one is a little odd, but I was totally inspired by this site:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/finalmeals.htm

So the question is - if you were on death row, what would your last meal be?

Personally, I'd be going high-end. Lobster, bacon rapped filet mignon, a dozen malpeque oysters, some steamed asparagus and a creme brulee to end it off. I'd also like to have a few different beers (a Hoegaarden, the wheat beer from Growlers, an Amsterdam Irish Stout, a Granite Peculiar, etc.) but at least in Texas, alcohol, cigarettes and gum (?!?) are off-limits for a last meal. [Frown] Oh well!

Peace,

Mr. M.

Guest Low Roller

Wow. Rather bleak QOTD...

If I was on death row I'd probably eat twenty Big Macs, some "chicken" nuggets, and chase it with a strawberry milkshake. I mean why the hell not? Mmmm, sweet forbidden cholesterol... [Cool]

is there a fast acting non painful poison i could request? [smile]

that lobster and mussels sounds damn good - i dont know if i'd do that or my moms lasagna or her pork ribs - oh ya

oh wait or sushi and dim sum --- damn ! can i have a buffet?

are you allowed to ask for the last supper to start coming the night before and keep being brought until its time to go?

Hmmm. Good question.

I'd start of with carrot and ginger soup and an arugala salad with artichoke and garlic shrimp.

Main course would be a red thai curry witha side of "Jamaican-Me-Sweat" chicken wings.

Dessert is a no brainer...double chocolate fudge cheesecake with strawberries.

The beverage requested would be a magnum of vallpoliccella, however after having that refused I would request Canada Dry ginger ale.

Mmmmmm death row meals. [big Grin]

did anybody ACTUALLY rea d that whole page of meals???! likek c'mon. [Razz][Wink]

on the spot, mine would be pitas pit ad chocilate milk... but hat's just what i'm eating now... agfter drinking a lot... so maybe my pre-death tastes wouald be slghtly more disctrimineating??! ;-)

no; pita pit and chociolate milk; i stand by it

;-)

peace

[Wink][big Grin][Roll Eyes]

Hmmmm....

Taco Bell (everything on the menu). Or maybe a pizza. And a great big vanilla milkshake.

What I find bleak about this isn't the subject, but the fact that Texas has executed 285 people since 1982 - and that 85 of them have been since January 2000.

It's nice to see that Dubya is now able to continue his killing spree. He must be happier now that he's killing foreign evil-doers, rather than American ones...

Brian.

PS - favourite request? The guy who wanted his meal served to a homeless person.

I'd have this.

Two 16 oz. ribeyes, one lb. turkey breast (sliced thin), twelve strips of bacon, two large hamburgers with mayo, onion, and lettuce, two large baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, and chives, four slices of cheese or one-half pound of grated cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, two ears of corn on the cob, one pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and four vanilla Cokes or Mr. Pibb

Ah shit....someone already took that one. So much for originality.

This one's sooo easy. From my Kingston eating haunts: I'd order a medium Mamma Mia Pizza #5 - extra sause, well done, minus the mushrooms. The best non-gourmet pizza there is. I like the #2 also, well done with extra sause. Davey Boy, Bouche, Booche, Dog At The Station, Reba, Brels, ( maybe Sally ), Giggles and I can attest. When he lived in Kingston, Hood always ordered from Dominos. I can't figure out that Hood guy. For dessert I'd have a large Bubba's poutine and a piece of chicken pot pie from Keith's Deli.