Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 04-15-04

Ms.Huxtable

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm..... well I once did a Florida trip with a good friend who happens to be on this board, but whose name I think I'll leave out here so as not to identify the guilty (it's timmyb, by the way). Anyway, he likes his fast food joints and is on an all-cheeseburger diet ("you're beautiful, Randy"), so on this trip there and back I had the full sampling of Wendy's, Burger King, McD's, etc. In the end? My favorite is McDonalds. Sorry, I know they're evil, and I don't eat there too often but if I had to make a choice, it would have to be McD's. Taco Bell sucks beyond comprehension. Burger King isn't fit for swine consumption. Wendy's is really good - even my girlfriend will patronize them for their good salads - but for fast food, nothing beats a Big Mac or a couple of cheeseburgers and those sugary salty fries. I dunno, I guess I just like the taste of earthworm protein, edible plastic and exploitative mercenary assfucking too much to pass it up.

Pizza Pizza is pretty reliable for a cheap dinner too. They just introduced a whole wheat crust option that is really good. And yeah, SubWay is really good as well, except that by the time you order your sub and get a drink, it's like $11 later. It's worth it though.

BTW, has anybody here heard of the recent documentary Supersize Me? Basically a guy used himself as a guinea pig in an experiment ... for 30 days he had to eat exclusively 3 meals a day from McDonalds, nothing else ... in the 30 day span he had to order everything on the menu at least once, and if they asked him if he wanted to supersize it he had to say yes. You will all be surprised to hear that he gained conspicuous weight, his health took a hit, his energy level and sex drive were totalled, and he is *still* trying to shed the pounds he gained during that period. They calculated he was ingesting half a pound of fat and a pound of sugar every day. The movie also went into how their marketing campaign worked to get kids hooked on McDonalds at a young age (Ronald McDonald, Happy Meals, McDonalds served in schools, etc.)

RnB

BTW, has anybody here heard of the recent documentary Supersize Me? Basically a guy used himself as a guinea pig in an experiment ... for 30 days he had to eat exclusively 3 meals a day from McDonalds, nothing else ... in the 30 day span he had to order everything on the menu at least once, and if they asked him if he wanted to supersize it he had to say yes. You will all be surprised to hear that he gained conspicuous weight, his health took a hit, his energy level and sex drive were totalled, and he is *still* trying to shed the pounds he gained during that period. They calculated he was ingesting half a pound of fat and a pound of sugar every day. The movie also went into how their marketing campaign worked to get kids hooked on McDonalds at a young age (Ronald McDonald, Happy Meals, McDonalds served in schools, etc.)

RnB

actually I think he lost a bunch of weight (like 50 lbs) and suffered liver damage

haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it (Bouche posted a link shortly ago)

the big harv is pretty big, but the bun it's on is huge... more like a breadburger... I'll still say Lick's... huge patties, shredded cheese (not sliced!), good fries and mad filling... A&W definately a close 2nd, Wendy's 3rd...

There used to be an Arbys here when I was a kid, that stuff was sick!

For me it's faloffel (I don't even know how to spell it right) or teryaki experience, mmmmm, veggies.

I have to agree that Licks nature burgers are the best veggie burgers I have ever had, and I've even found them at the grocery store. Go me!

Ps. I'm back on the board, I've missed you all so much. ::

Eating a Big Harv is like swallowing a cow. I'm sure it would kill any vegetarian at 20 paces.

I took a low-budget vacation to the US a few years ago, and for a month it was nothing but fast food for me. I'd pull into whatever drive-thru, ask what the special was, and get enough of that to last me all day. Cheeseburgers are 25 cents? Give me 12. Big Mac's for a buck? I'll take 5. I think I ended up losing weight, but that was likely due to an eight day (fast-food-free) stay in the desert near the end of my journey.

To answer the question, Licks and Works are the best, but hardly a major chain, I patronise McDonalds the most, but only because of the specials, Harveys is good, and slightly above Wendy's and BK, I did the Subway diet for long enought that I would be fine never eating there again (though it works), Quizno's is okay but still tastes pretty fast-foody to me.

My favourite fast food for not feeling ill or like a complete idiot afterwards is Tim Hortons. The soup deal is great, and the chili deal is my personal I'm-gonna-puke-any-second-if-I-don't-do-something-quick hangover cure. And of course their coffe has crack in it.

I'm not sure that I have a favourite. Quizno's maybe.

When Leanne was in school (just recently), they had a course on nutrition. During that course they had a nutritionist guest speaker. Someone asked what was the worst fast food to eat and the nutritionist said that, "without a doubt, Taco Bell is the worst shit you could possibly eat."