Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 04-15-04

Ms.Huxtable

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a Timmys or Works within shooting distance of around these here parts? I stuck to chains in my answer, but outside of chains my preferred is Lebanese, specifically shish tahouk on a pita with the works.

Incidentally, a number of people have mentioned eating fast food on road trips in america. It is my observations from experience that a) from this Canadians perspective, American fast food is much much worse than Canadian and 2) Americans like it that way. Some years ago I was at a Goth convention in Toronto, and was chatting with some visiting Americans who were loudly complaining about how bland the food in Canada was. This surprised me, as I can find hundreds of different kinds of food in Toronto without really trying hard (and I don't even live there). Upon further enquiry, it turned out what they meant was there wasn't enough grease. Yick.

RnB

Swiss Chalet is my favourite fast-food/take-out hang-over remedy (extra sauce) that new Indian place on Bank St. "Karma Karma" or whatever it's called, is VERY tasty and quick (and they deliver).

The Works is great, but that's not fast food.

I could probably stomach a Harvey's burger at gunpoint, but McRon's, BK, Wendy's - shit makes me want to barf, I'd rather eat my own wheelchair.

seriously though, does anyone know the whole menu song?? i've been after it for years.

big mac, mcblt, a quarter pounder with cheese, filet o'fish, hamburger, cheeseburger, mcchicken & mcnuggets, tasty golden french fries, regular & large size....that's all i know.

you kids remember mcblts, came in those weird 2-unit styrofoam containers?

i remember when hamburgler was eeeeeevil, but i only remember 2 arms on grimace.

this thread has inspired me to have flame broiled grease for dinner. it should sit nicely with the dance class i have tonight. hahaha.

oh wait, i didn't even answer the question. boston freakin' market! has anyone ever had it before? it's AMAZING!!! "home cooked" food (all kinds of potatoes, vegetables, meat, soup, etc.), you just go up & pick what you want & they give it to you. yum, yum, & their carver chicken sandwiches are to die for! it used to be just in the states but i saw one in mississauga awhile back. oh yum, yum, yum and a half, how i want me some boston market!!!!!!!

Velveeta Toddles, I think Grimace only 'appeared' to have 6 arms when he was rendered as a cookie in the mcdonald land box.

That's how I remember him, but I found this post on the rest of the internet...

"Ok, this is my first time posting so I hope I'm doing it right. First, let me start by saying that I really enjoyed the new Weezer...its not as bright as their first album or as dark as Pinkerton (both of which I love, by the way). Its a good blend of a great band...just wish it was longer. Anyways, the Grimace. As far as I, or anyone, knows he is just a big, friendly, purple creature. He likes Ronald and loves eating at McDonald's as much as the next guy. As for your friends <b>who say he used to have six arms</b>, they're half right. I have tapes of old commercials (don't ask) which have a second character, The Evil Grimace (swear to God I'm not making this up). He looks just like the friendly one <b>except he has slanted eyebrows and six arms</b>. Also, he steals shakes (don't ask me to explain, the folks up at McDonalds must have been smoking something). Anyway, that's about all I know. Hope it was helpful to you."

more grimacy news

grimace.jpg

I'm pretty sure Grimace was my vice principal in highschool.

Mir, did you ever have that guy? you know, Grimace?

As far as fast food, I'm with VT (Velveeta Toddles). Tim's is the place. I'm a fan of the soup and bagel deal, if the soups good... or chicken salad.

but, ...wasnt it a McDLT? (This could be one of those misheard lyrics things too...)

seriously though, does anyone know the whole menu song?? i've been after it for years.

Big Mac, McDLT, a Quarter Pounder with cheese, Filet-o-fish, a hamburger, cheesburger, McChicken and McNuggets, tasty golden fries, regular or large size. And to drink a coca-cola, diet-coke, or orange.....and you get this all at one great place!!!

(I missed something in there, but that's all I can remember)

Any ex-McEmployees remember what this stands for? HFTFSWASAFAYCC

That must be the Grimace I remember as a wee one, because I remember him having shakes in most of his hands.

And the only McDonalds songs I remember are:

"Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun." (Amazing that's all that's on them huh?)

and:

"I'm lovin' it."