Jambands.ca

SPRING SHAKER 2004 CANCELLED....

shainhouse

From www.jamhub.ca

It is with great disappointment that we have been forced to announce the cancellation of the 2004 Spring Shaker.

Owing to unforeseen circumstances which have arisen, we regretfully must now inform you that these circumstances are beyond our control, and that the situation has forced us to do this. More details will be available shortly.

In the meantime, those who are already on the Master List will be issued refunds, and it will be necessary for you to contact the contact person as listed on the website at www.woodbournefarm.homestead.com, and provide them with your name, address, and phone number so that we can issue your refund. It may take some time to facilitate the processing of these refunds, and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Words cannot express the disappointment and regret felt in having to do this, and I extend my sincere apologies to all concerned.

http://www.jamhub.ca/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3088

:( :( :( :(

To All Concerned:

My sincere apologies to everyone on here who was looking as much forward to this festival as I was, and for the fact that someone posted the cancellation notice before I did: I have been very busy over the last few hours going through some agonizing phone calls which I truly did not want to have to do.

More details as to the circumstances will be made available in time; suffice it to say that I made every possible attempt to have this show happen, and I will do my best to inform you as possible.

I can only convey my pledge that although this particular event did not work out as planned, I will be working very hard to see that there will be future events here at the Farm, and that you will not be disappointed when they happen.

Yours Truly,

Pat

Thanks to Pat for his amazing efforts and establishing what was turning into the one of Canada's best festivals. I'm sure with the creative team back east that this turn of events will lead to something even better.

I am the Toronto Contact, Dave Drage, for the Shaker and for those of you who sent your orders to me, please email or phone so that refunds can be processed.

There were so many of you who attached a great note to your orders that makes this so enjoyable. We'll Shake somewhere soon!!!

Can'o'phish

Pat,

I'm truly sorry to hear this my friend.

If you need any arms broken,let me know I'll make my way down and take care of it. ;)

I'll talk to ya soon off the board buddy,again sorry to hear this,I know all the hard work ya put in to this.

Take care,grab a few cases of beer and some herbal medication,relax and enjoy this long weekend for the time being,you deserve a relaxin one I think...

Cheers

We're all over at Myrna's taking this news in. I guess the Slip show in Montreal will be a help in making the most of it.

We were all so looking forward to EVERYTHING about the trip. Salty Towers was on my mind like CRAZY. Oh, and LOBSTER!

Farley, thanks for making all of your efforts. We'll look forward to meeting you next time. Maybe you should come to Ottawa sometime this summer. We'd love to have you.

This is exhausting- it's on it's off- talk here and there of replacing the dates- I'm sure everyone's doing there best and unforseen circumstances are just that unforseen- it is rather draining though- we all have alot invested one way or another

The heady Ontario contingency plan seems not to be an option. I don't know if they were seriously considering it or not, thinking not, but it sounds like MTL is going to be it. This is after conversations and emails with some of the intimates on this one.

I think my tolerance for this situation has all but run out. You know everyone is so accepting that Farley's done his best and this all came up out of the blue but how farking often do you hear about a festival getting cancelled the week before? Not very farking often because people get their shit together, go legit or as close to it as possible and deal with all of the related issues around impact on the community. I'm sure a lot of work went into this and likely cost as well but now we are left with a situation where the Slip is definitely only going to play MTL, they're out of two nights worth of bookings (on their Memorial Day a big weekend I guess) and we're shit out of luck. They're left with the impression that we're flakes and are even further dissuaded from playing up here. Maybe these are unkind words but they're heartfelt.

WHAT IN THE FUDGE IS GOIN ON??????

I go away for three days and all hell breaks loose, maybe this is old news for some, but I got the update and I am totally pissed and confused...FUDGE!!!

Sorry for all the cash you've lost Farley, I can't believe the neighbors were such dicks, and chance you can cut them in to shut them up?

....So who's got space for me to MTL ?

PS- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!! :: :: :: :( ::

"They're left with the impression that we're flakes "

This i don't doubt. i'm truely surprised they are still going to play Montreal. if i was in the slip, and fount out my main portion of the trip was cancelled, i'm not sure if one show would be worth my while.

i give the slip major credit for still following through with their Montreal gig.

What about AGP or Raisinhill? They are pretty fucked i guess...

Oh well...such is life in this scene...this certainly wasn't the first time an event was cancelled, and i'm sure it wont be the last.....hopefully for Farley it is though!

STeve