Jambands.ca

SURVIVOR 5- Back to Basics!!!!

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joni can go now... and although Bob's a boob, he still ranks pretty high on that list if you leave out his short shorts, pink strat and cheesyness.

It would be sad to see him leave so early with so many great songs.

Hello?

Playin'

Black Throated Wind

Me & My Uncle

The Music Never Stopped

Estimated Prophet

The Other One

Cassidy

Let It Grow

The list goes on... say no more!

Guest Low Roller

eliminated_weir.jpg

It would seem that luck was not in Bobby's side of the court on Day #2, as Bela Fleck won immunity and Bobby was left to the wolves where he was promptly devoured. Seriously. Check out the influx of Bobby votes as soon as Bradm posted Bela as his choice for immunity. The bells tolled for Mr. Weir without a doubt.

So now we are left with the following list of participants for Day #3:

[*] George Harrison

[*] Joni Mitchell

[*] Bela Fleck

[*] B.B. King

And as the contest draws closer to a conclusion, the Immunity Question must get consequentially much harder. In fact I think the two questions I've asked so far have been much too easy. It is time I drop a GMAT question on your collective asses. Let's see how you like them beans.

The Immunity Question for Day #3 is:

"Company C sells a line of 25 products with an average retail price of $1,200. If none of these products sell for less than $420, and exactly 10 of the products sell for less than $1,000, what is the greatest possible selling price of the most expensive product?"

If these were real test conditions, you would have roughly a minute and a half to answer the question, and no calculator!

Here comes Day #3. Enjoy. diablotin.gif

And as the contest draws closer to a conclusion, the Immunity Question must get consequentially much harder. In fact I think the two questions I've asked so far have been much too easy. It is time I drop a GMAT question on your collective asses. Let's see how you like them beans.

The Immunity Question for Day #3 is:

"Company C sells a line of 25 products with an average retail price of $1,200. If none of these products sell for less than $420, and exactly 10 of the products sell for less than $1,000, what is the greatest possible selling price of the most expensive product?"

If these were real test conditions, you would have roughly a minute and a half to answer the question, and no calculator!

I think the most expensive product goes for $11,800.

Aloha,

Brad

you joni voters are insane.

does the fact that charles mingus chose her to create his last album say anything to you freaks? he coulda done something by himself or chosen anyone he wanted, but he saw the genius that is joni and went for it. seriously now. i recommend to everyone who is not familiar with her work to go out and get familiar with her work. good starting point is maybe 'court and spark' or 'blue'.... and it only gets better from there. got a download of jacob fred jazz odyssey playing 'hejira' - wow is that ever sweet. at the end dude asks the crowd if anyone knows who wrote it --- mostly silence, it's hard to tell if anyone called it. JONI RULES!!!

Guest Low Roller

Bradm has once again won the Immunity Challenge!! Geez, two days in a row... Nothing gets by him, does it? The answer is in fact $11,800.

For the curious, here is the reasoning behind Bradm's answer:

First, instead of "average", I'm going to use "sums", to keep the numbers easier.

An 25-element average of $1,200 works out to a total of $30,000. To maximize one element of the set means I have to minimize the other elements.

The absolute lowest price is $420 (significant? ), but only 10 of them are below $1,000, so we have 10 products at $420.

Thus, we have 15 products at/over $1,000. Since one of them is our maximum, the other 14 have to be the minimum, which means 14 will be at $1,000.

This gives us:

10 @ $420 = $ 4,200

14 @ $1,000 = $14,000

for a total of $18,200. Since everything that's left from $30,000 goes to the one remaining product, its price is $11,800.

Quick check:

(10 x $420 + 14 x $1,000 + 1 x $11,800) / 25 = $1,200 so the average is OK, and since an increase in any of the other products' prices must mean a decrease in the "max" product's price, we know it's at the max.

Aloha,

Brad

Well played Bradm... well played...

wow.. lots of Joni votes..

I'm going to have to rock the boat with a Bela vote.. I just don't see the influence he has had in comparrison with the others (yet.. he's still young.. ask me the same question in 20 years I could have a very different answer.. and we could be surrounded with banjo players)