Jambands.ca

I GOT A NEW GUITAR!!!

bouche

Last night we celebrated my birthday in Kingston and had a wonderful bbq. I didn't know that you could pick up souvlaki's from Mino's (killer greek restaurant) and cook 'em at home (ala Lick's). Good sh!t!

Anyway, before dinner everyone gave me a bunch of gifts, which I really enjoyed. 2 BBQ cookbooks and a mexican one, a shitload of CD's, a Dr.Huxtable Video from Irene's and one from last weekend's stag so I can watch Velvet's Grease performance, 20 Super 7 tickets, a Gilligan Bobblehead, a bottle of Champaigne to enjoy mamosa's (right now!), and did I mention the awesome souvlaki?

After dinner, we all trucked it down to the garage because we were becoming the main course for a bunch of mosquitos looking to suck our blood. We started some jamming, and then my sweetheart Sharon went in the house and came back in with at GUITAR CASE saying "That sounds like sh!t! Try it with this!"

I purty-near sh!t my pants when I opened it and my eyes caught a brand new Seagull guitar! I have been envying Andre's and Tom-tom's for a couple of years. Anytime their guitars were around, I would put mine down and hog theirs until my fingers bled.

Now, thanks to lotsa lovely great people, I'll keep my grubby hands off of their guitars.

HAPPY DAY!

Thank you Andre, Lynn, Myrna, Marc, Tom & Annette, and especially Sharon...I love you sweety! I know you're in the room behind me and I told you that 37 times today already, but I can't help type it again.....38!

Thank you Andre, Lynn, Myrna, Marc, Tom & Annette, and especially Sharon...I love you sweety! I know you're in the room behind me and I told you that 37 times today already, but I can't help type it again.....38!

Ollie's birthday is on the 14th of August. Ollie, don't get any ideas...no new guitar for you. Does that make me a crappy girlfriend? ;)

Having played all of your guitars, you needed a new acoustic badly. No more tuning the strings with pliers.

If it's the same Seagull as Tom Tom ( Dog At The Station ) and Andre's, then you got a good guitar indeed. It sounds as good as it plays.

Well done Sharon!

Not just me Jamoie, but thanks. There was a lot of love from a lot of people that went into getting it. I'm not taking all the credit.

Yep, the same one as Tom Tom.

Oh and one more thing. We celebrated his brithday early so that we could be with his parents who contributed to the purchase of the guitar. His birthday is tomorrow!!! Yee Haw! More cake and booze!

oooovala, nice new geetar there bouchey! it's very purty.

and birthday?! b'gosh! i hope it is a perfectly princely purple partay. so nice to see you & the ms.uss (especially on such a blessed occasion, heehee!), with that plus all these great sounding festivites that followed, well, i'll be! sounds like this birthday of yours has been a big old bonanza! whoofrickenhoodaleehoohahaha yay.

and now, just for you....

prince2.jpg

*edit* okay, not a big red stupid X for you, the pic comes up in "preview" okay, i dunno wtf!!!

Happ y b-day dude.

I am always jeloud when anyone gets a new instrument. My roomate picked up a new telecaster today and has not stopped playing.

I myself was looking at the Warwick basses at Long & McQuaid the other day. The Phil Spectre is sick (one piece, curved body, great tone), but alas, it costs a pretty penny. I need friends and family like yours, Bouche.